𝐕𝐈𝐈

A/N: wow, this is a long one, even for me

"WHAT THE actual flying fuck was that, Lockwood?" growled Desiree as she wrapped a hand around his neck, slamming him roughly against a tree. Katherine Pierce stood behind her, looking similarly unhappy as the demon cornered the werewolf, steam practically blowing out of her ears.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know that she'd get you too!" the werewolf choked out through bated breath, Desiree's fingers rapidly tightening over his windpipe. He couldn't breathe – the demon's hold was too strong, and he could see black spots dancing over his eyes.

"Des, it's fine, let him go," Katherine said, eyes flickering from the demon to the werewolf. Desiree didn't look like fun right now, and as much as Katherine would enjoy pushing her buttons, she had a feeling that she'd smack Katherine's head right off her neck if she said something snarky. When Desiree didn't comply with her orders, Katherine said, louder, "Des, let him go! He's going to die, and we're never getting the moonstone."

Desiree's lips curled in annoyance before she dropped him to the ground. The werewolf gasped for breath, massaging his sore neck as his eyes flickered from Katherine to Desiree. He was clearly stuck in a hard place between the two women – one, that he was sleeping with, and one that would tear out his throat without a second glance.

"What was that stunt today that you pulled with Damon and Stefan?" Katherine asked, crossing her arms over her chest.

"I thought you would be happy about that," Mason wheezed out.

"You got me hurt and staked in the heart. If I was an actual vampire or, Lucifer forbid, a human, I'd be dead right now," Desiree said through gritted teeth.

"I told you to stay away from them, and Desiree," Katherine snapped.

"Why do you even care?" asked Mason, annoyed. He was under the impression that the doppelganger didn't care about anybody but herself, but she was throwing a fit over the lame ass Salvatore brothers and a demon that didn't really have much of a striking personality besides looking hot.

Katherine, not wanting Mason to know that she had feelings for anybody but him, quickly made up a lie. "I don't want you to get distracted. I need you to find the moonstone," she said. Mason raised an eyebrow, slowly giving her a smile. Katherine's chest tightened in hope, "You got it?"

Mason grinned, "I got it."

Desiree looked away as the two kissed passionately, wrinkling her nose. She usually didn't mind stuff like this – hell, she thrived off of it – but Mason irked her to no end after the stunt he pulled today and seeing Katherine kiss him like her life depended on it (which, she guessed, it did) made her a little more than annoyed. To think she was trying to prevent Damon from killing him, too!