1

Eva's POV:
Ugh, the first day of school after spring break. One week is not enough, I can't believe I have to go back already. At least I'll be back with my friends and my boyfriend, Callum. It's just- there's this boy, Alejandro Rosario, I really don't like him. He's also my neighbour, our parents are best friends. His friends are really nice, but him.. we just don't get along. It's been an ongoing feud for as long as I can remember, I can't even remember why we hate each other so much. I guess growing up with someone for 16 years gets pretty annoying.

I throw on a pair of black ripped jeans and a hoodie, and start to do my makeup when I hear a noise from the window. It's Ale throwing rocks; his room is directly opposite mine. I open the window and he shouts, "you know it's not Halloween yet, why do you have your mask on?"
"Ha-ha", I laugh, sarcastically. "What do you want?"
"Mom wants to know if we can borrow a bottle of milk".
"Ugh, I'm kind of busy", I say, gesturing to my makeup bag.
"C'mon. Are you that lazy?".
"Fine", I sigh. Quickly, I run downstairs to get a carton of milk and hand it to him through the window.
"Thanks, see you at school", he giggles.
"Whatever", I say, getting back to my makeup.

*in school*

I feel arms around my waist.
"Hey babe". I turn around and see Callum. I jump up and hug him, it's only been a week but I missed him so much.
"Omg hey! I've missed you so much!" We talk until the bell cuts us off. The day goes pretty quickly, until geography, my least favourite lesson. I go to my seat and turn around to see Ale sitting behind me. 'The fuck?' I think.
"I transferred to a higher class", he says. I sigh and turn back around.
"Well don't act too excited", he says sarcastically and rolls his eyes.
"Mr. Rosario, am I going to have to move you before the lesson has even started?" The teacher calls out, I giggle. At the end of class, the teacher picks out names for our partners. She gets to my name.
"Eva and Alejandro".
"What?" We say out loud.
"If you have a problem, you can see me once the lesson has ended", she says.

When the lesson finishes, we go up to the teacher.
"Miss, why are we partners? We can't stand each other" I ask, Ale agrees.
"You're the highest in the class Eva, and Alejandro has just transferred, so it will be good. Also, you're neighbours, so I thought it would be easy". I sigh and walk out of the class to go home.
"Sure, easy", I whisper to myself.

A/n: hey guys, this is my first actual public fanfic. Let me know if you want me to publish the rest of the chapters I've written, vote and comment. No hate please, it's not amazing but I tried 💕x