v

After Nancy tried to kiss Wheeler she was very upset so rightfully she went home and cried, her friends offered to go hurt Wheeler but Nancy just laughed it off, it was her fault for trying anyway, she should've just asked her what her thoughts on...

After Nancy tried to kiss Wheeler she was very upset so rightfully she went home and cried, her friends offered to go hurt Wheeler but Nancy just laughed it off, it was her fault for trying anyway, she should've just asked her what her thoughts on girls who like other girls are first but Nancy thought she felt something but clearly she was wrong.

What hurt Nancy the most were how Wheeler looked at her, she looked at her like she was an alien but she wasn't, she was an actual person and if Wheeler couldn't see that then she wasn't worth her time, she had a bunch of friends and the one that matters around her.

"Nance! Steve is on the phone!" Her dad called out from the kitchen since Wheeler said that she hasn't been to school which will affect her wanting to go to a certain college but she didn't care.

She groaned as she got up and walked her socked feet towards the kitchen.

"Hello," Nancy said as she picked up the phone.

"Of course I know Russian, I can speak four languages," Nancy smirked a little bit, It was no secret that Nancy was an overachiever so when she had the chance to learn four languages she took it.

"I'll be there in a bit." Nancy huffed and hung up the phone.

"What did he want?" Carson said leaning against the kitchen archway.

"He and Robin need my help with something." Nancy grabbed the scrunchie that was on her arm and put her hair into a semi-nice bun.

"Do you need a ride?" Carson says following towards her room where she puts on some comfy shorts.

"No thanks, I'm just going to ride my bike." Nancy kissed her dad on the cheek and walked outside.

As Nancy was biking she went past the Byers household as she does every day but this time she was thinking that she really needs to tell them about her not being into men because since Carson and Joyce were getting closer that means that they mean a lot to Nancy.

She finally pulled into the starcourt mall and locked her bike in the bike rack. She made sure it was sturdy and went on her way.

When she made her way towards scoops she was confused, all the blinders where down so she wasn't sure if anyone was there or not.

"Hello?" Nancy knocked on the grated window and suddenly it opened.

"Come on back." Steve helped her over the counter and closed the curtain again.

"Hey, Nancy." Robin waved but then went back to the paper.

"So what did you guys need my help with?" Nancy crossed her arms over her chest.

"You called Drew?" Dustin came back from the back of the store and rolled his eyes when he saw Nancy.

"Yes, she's the only one who can speak Russian that I trust." Steve was pacing the back room.

"Awh you trust me, that's sweet." Nancy sits at the table looking at the paper.

"So what's this for?" Nancy bounces her leg up and down.

"I intercepted a Russian message and I need your help to crack it." Nancy couldn't help but laugh at Dustin but stopped when they all looked at her seriously.

"Wait you guys are serious, you guys have to go to the authorities." Nancy stood up but was stopped by Robin grabbing her arm.

"Please Nancy, help us." Robin used what Nancy coined as her puppy dog eyes on her.

"Okay, lemme listen." Nancy grabbed the headphones and put them around her ears.

She carefully listened the wrote something down, Steve tried to slide the paper over so he can reach it but she slapped his hand and went back to listening while Steve looked chastised.

"Okay, I could only get "The Week is Long" and "Tread lightly." Nancy bite her lip, she was sad that she couldn't be of more help but her Russian was a little rusty.

"What the hell does that mean?" Dustin sat down in the chair with a huff.

"While we're all here I need to tell you guys something." Nancy took a deep breath when they all looked at her.

"I like women." Nancy blurted out twiddling her fingers.

"Okay?" Steve rolled his eyes and went back to the paper.

"Really, It took a lot for me to say that." Nancy got up and started walking towards the door.

"Listen, we support you trust us but we just can't figure this out." Steve walked over to Nancy and gave him a hug, as aggravating and annoying Steve was he cared a lot of his friends, and that means a lot to Nancy.

"Thank you, Steve, sorry I couldn't be more of help." Nancy kissed Steve of the cheek and ruffled Dustin's hair who squeaked in protest.

When she walked outside luckily her bike was still in the same spot so she got on it, when she was riding past the Byers house a thought popped into her head and she decided to pull in the driveway.

"Hello?" Nancy knocked on the door and Joyce opened it.

"Hello, Nance! Come in, Will is downstairs and Jonathan is in his room." Joyce stepped aside so Nancy can be let in the house.

"Can I actually talk to you all please?" Nancy tapped her foot rapidly, least she had a bit of confidence in her.

"Of course, I'll call a family meeting." Joyce looked concerned but she didn't say anything and went to get the boys.

One by one the boys came to the living room, Will looked annoyed to be pulled away from whatever he was doing downstairs but when he saw Nancy that quickly was ignored for hugging Nancy.

"I've told everyone but I need to tell you guys." Nancy gave Jonathan a smile which he gave back.

"Of course sweetie, what is it?" Joyce gives her a motherly looked which Nancy hasn't got in a while.

"I'm into women." Nancy let out a sigh.

"Oh sweetie, thank you for telling us." Nancy was shocked when Joyce hugged her tightly and then Will clung to her side after she sat back down.

Maybe this day was looking up after all.

Notes:

Notes:

New cover by the lovely cIeopatras
It's exactly what I had envisioned!