viii

Ever since Nancy saw the rat melting she hasn't been the same sense, she's been having weird dreams, not only dreams but it proves her point that Hawkins is not normal, something happened here and it all started with Will's disappearance

Since Nancy saw the rat melting she hasn't seen Jonathan or Wheeler since then, but she wants answers, and she's going to get them.

To find out the truth she asked Jonathan to bring Wheeler to meet her at the Hawkins Public Library.

So Nancy hopped on her bike and started biking, on the way there she went over in her head what she wanted to say, Nancy wasn't going to leave without answers, and maybe she won't like those answers but she'll have to deal with whatever Wheeler tells her.

She pulls into the library and locks her bike into place, she walks into the library head held high, she found Wheeler and Jonathan looking similar to what they did when they were investigating Mrs. Driscoll.

"I have questions." Nancy sat down opposite of Wheeler.

"Well, hello to you too." Jonathan jokes.

"I want to know the truth." Nancy urges.

"What truth?" Wheeler tilts her head in mock confusion.

"Look, I'm sorry I kissed you, but please tell me the truth." Nancy resorts to begging.

"I'm over the whole kissing thing honestly Drew." Wheeler's eyes shine brightly.

"What's going on?" Nancy sighs sagging against the chair she's sitting in.

"Nothing is going on Drew, I promise." Wheeler clasps her hands on the table in front of her.

"Don't lie, not to me." Nancy knows that Wheeler can't resist her any longer, she has to give up.

Wheeler looks at Jonathan who nods and then with Jonathan's help Wheeler explains everything, from the upside-down to Eleven having powers, to Will and how he came back from the dead and all of his new abilities.

"Wow, that's a lot, but somehow I'm not shocked, it explains a lot." Nancy breathes out, they told her not to tell anyone this and she won't but it's gonna be hard.

"What do you mean that explains a lot?" Jonathan looks at Nancy with worry on his face.

"Since we came home from Mrs. Driscolls I've been having dreams, and I saw the rat burst and then the sludge starting moving towards a vent." Nancy shudders thinking about the rat.

"What kind of dreams Drew?" Wheeler leans forward.

"Just dreams about a giant creature standing over the school, kinda creepy actually." Nancy's nose turns up thinking about the dreams.

Nancy watches as Wheeler makes an o shape with her mouth while Jonathan takes out his notepad.

"How many dreams have you had like this?" Jonathan asks, and when Nancy responds he writes her answer down.

After a few more questions Nancy's starting to get impatient, she has no idea why they're asking her questions, and for what?

"Okay, why are you guys asking me these questions?" Nancy crosses her arms under her chest.

"What your seeing, its called The Mind Flayer," Wheeler explains grabbing a drawing from her purse which was by Will Byer based on his signature at the bottom.

"The Mind Flayer, you're shitting me, right? What kind of name is that?" Nancy laughed but was told to be quiet by the librarian named Marissa.

"It's the creature's name, I promise after Will got out of the upside-down, Will became the host," Jonathan tells Nancy.

"Is Will okay?" Nancy looks at Jonathan with worry in her eyes.

"He has his days but The Mind Flayer doesn't have in control anymore." Jonathan stands up and grabs his backpack.

"I gotta go, but why don't you and Wheeler hang out?" Jonathan has a mischievous glint in his eyes, He knew all about Nancy's crush on Wheeler and he was determined to get them together.

"Do you want to walk around, I promise I won't try to kiss you." Nancy chuckles.

"I would like that." Wheeler smiles getting up, grabbing her purse and smoothing out the dress she was wearing that got wrinkled from her sitting down.

"I'm sorry for calling you, Queer." Wheeler suddenly says as they were walking.

"I mean, I'm not gonna lie and say it was okay and didn't hurt but thank you for apologizing, it meant a lot." Nancy puts a strand of her behind her ear.

"I guess, I was just nervous and scared, I've never had a friend that was into girls and no less was into me." Wheeler gives a half chuckle.

"Yea, I probably should have told you that part first before kissing you." Nancy smiles putting her purse more onto her should so it won't fall off.

"It has given me a lot to think about though."
Wheeler grabs Nancy's hand and leads her behind a storefront where no one can see them.

"Where are we going?" Nancy chuckles as she's careful to not trip on her face.

"I think I'm like you." Wheeler stands in front of Nancy.

"You mean into women?" Nancy was confused.

"Can I kiss you?" Wheeler waits until Nancy nods and Wheeler gently grabs her face and kisses her.

Nancy bumps into the wall behind her but she doesn't care, she puts her hands in Wheeler's hair and begins to kiss her back.

"Let's go back to your place." Wheeler pulls back when she remembers they're in public.

"My dad's not home." Nancy grabs Wheeler's hand and drags her towards Nancy and Wheeler's bikes.

||

Nancy was in a state of euphoria, she was laying in her bed, naked, with Nancy Wheeler also naked on top of her, they're both very much blissed out and they have not a care in the world, nothing can ruin this moment.

"I like you." Nancy suddenly says looking down at Wheeler who was laying on Nancy's shoulder.

"I like you too," Wheeler mumbles sleepily.

"Go to sleep, I'll be here when you wake up." Nancy kisses Wheeler on the forehead and lays her head back on her pillow.

For the first time in a week, she's slept peacefully and without any nightmares.