xv

It's been three months since Nancy last saw Hopper, three months since the funeral for Hopper, three months of Nancy blaming herself for how she acted to Hopper

It's been three months since Nancy last saw Hopper, three months since the funeral for Hopper, three months of Nancy blaming herself for how she acted to Hopper. She couldn't tell her friends or her dad the truth of what happened, the goverment just told them some bullshit excuse to tell everyone, but Nancy knows the truth. She still spends hours in her room crying about it and Carson lets her, he may not know the truth but he knows how much Hopper meant to Nancy, it may not look like Carson is mourining as well but he is, he really is thankful that Hopper helped on Nancy after his wife died, but he knows it's hitting Nancy worse.

Each day Nancy gets a little better, the month after it happened she wished that she would stop being sad because everytime she would be happy she would be sad for three days, it seems she would take one step forward but three steps back.

Three months later though, Nancy is doing a lot better. With her friends help and her girlfriend who's she's started calling Nancy now has been helping her heal, it's taking time but she wouldn't able to be doing what she's doing now.

Which is wearing shorts helping the crew pack, well she's helping, Jonathan, Will, Joyce and El pack.

They decided to go to California to supposedably get out of Hawkins, they invited Nancy to join them but she refused she can't afford to leave her father or her girlfriend so she's going to have to settle for helping them pack.

"I'm gonna miss you El." Nancy was sitting cross-legged on El's old bedroom floor helping her pack.

"Me too, you've become my sister." El smiles putting some clothes in a box, Nancy would've begged her father to take El in but she knows with her going off to college in a month he would've raised El alone without Nancy and she shouldn't do that to El. 

"We can still visit all the time." Nancy tries to make El smile and it works because she cracks a smile.

"Here, take this so you can rember me by." El hands Nancy one of her stuffed animals that Hopper got her one time, Nancy runs her fingers over the fur eyes starting to water.

"Thank you El, I want you to have this." Nancy takes off the patterned silk bandana that she uses all the time and unties it from her neck, and places it around El's.

"Thank you." El leans over to give Nancy a hug, Nancy closes her eyes just taking in the moment to feel her adopted sister hugging her.

"Girls, Hopper wanted you to have these." Joyce itterupts them, walking over to give them a letter each.

"I'm gonna go read mine outside El." Nancy gives El a small smile standing up, rubbing her fingers over the envolpe, running her fingers over her name in Hopper's handwriting.

She takes a seat in the grass behind the house, letting the wind blow her hair around she takes a deep breath as she tears into the note.

"If you're reading this Nancy, I'm dead, El has a different one it's not a death note but I knew that you deserve one because you never got one from your mom and you never desreve that kind of lose again, so I'm sorry for making you feel the pain again. Even though you have a father you were like my daughter, you and El filled the void that Sara has left since she died, I still think about Sara all the time but it's mostly thinking how you and El would take care of her. I know that you're feeling sad that I'm dead but when I die I will be thinking about everyone I love and that includes you Nance, I know it will be hard but you need to stay strong. You can still mourn me but I will be fine, so will you. I love you Nancy Kate Drew, I will always be with you.
P.S Tell Nancy Wheeler how you feel, yes I see the way you look at her"

Nancy lets out a wet laugh as she closes the letter, she grasps the letter tight in her hands, putting it on her heart and softly sobs, god she misses Hopper so much, she can still smell how she smells when ever he hugged her, she can still hear the words that he would repeat whenever she felt sad, she's in your heart he would say every time Nancy would miss her mother.

Nancy isn't sure how long she sits in the grass crying but she's sure it's long because Nancy comes out and takes a seat beside her.

"They're leaving." Nancy says getting up holding out her hand for the redheaded girl to take.

"Thanks." Nancy gives Nancy a peck on the cheek and wipes her tears with her sleeve.

Nancy takes a deep breath and grabs Nancy's hand, since Hopper died they've been more open about being together, they have had a few incidents but nothing they can't handle.

"I'M GONNA MISS YOU SO MUCH!" Nancy gets the wind knocked out fo her when El runs towards her and hugs her tightly.

Nancy bends over and hugs her tightly, El is the only piece of Hopper she would have and she's leaving as well.

"I love you so much El." Nancy bends down and kisses El on the top of her head.

"My turn." Will says running towards Nancy giving her a hug, Nancy laughs.

Next it's Jonathan, Nancy breathes deep as he hugs her tight.

"I love you Jon, be safe in California okay?" Nancy chuckles lightly trying to keep the tears at bay.

"Course, You be safe too Drew." Jonathan hugs Nancy one last time.

"Keep an eye on El for me too." Nancy gives Jonathan a half-smile when he nods slightly and goes to get into the car.

Nancy stands beside her girlfriend and lets the smaller Nancy lay her head on Nancy's shoulder.

Life is changing, time will heal, Nancy will heal.