Chapter 5

Kayla's pov
I got far enough away that they wouldn't catch up to me and then asked myself "where am I going?"
I had ran through the woods and was now somewhere in town. There was a gust of wind and a piece of paper blew along the ground just below my feet. I picked it up, it was a flyer for a party in the woods.tonight. Hmm should be fun. For me. Since it was already late in the afternoon I decided to go to the party now. I just had to figure out where it was in the woods. I walked back into the woods and listened. There. It was somewhere in the distance. I could hear the teenagers chatting and drinking and also music. I continued to listen carefully and drowned out the chatting and music to find out where they are. There! In the background I could hear running water. It's somewhere near a waterfall. That gave the location away. It was at the falls. It must be. I quickly set off in that direction.
------
Within no time I was just a few meters from the party. I could smell the alcohol in the air. It was just cheap beer which was probably all these teenage idiots could afford. I walked in to the party and was surrounded by a bunch of intoxicated teens. I had to blend so just like the others I grabbed a cup of the weak, off tasting beer. Guys kept dancing around me so I thought this was when I could have a little fun. I took one of the boys hand and dragged him away from the party. Once we were a fair distance away I pushed him up against a tree and we started making out.Haha this boy thought he was gonna get lucky but he is wrong. I kissed down his neck and could feel his pulse against my lips. That was when I plunged my fangs into the side of his neck. He began to struggle and tried to yell out but I had my hand clamped over his mouth so he couldn't make a sound. Suddenly I was ripped away from him and was forced against a tree. The person who had pulled me away from my meal was Damon. "Oh hey Damon". "What do you think you are doing?!" He asked me with a serious look on his face. I simply replied with "Im having fun." "Not here your not!" He said wide eyed "I can do what ever the hell I want " was the last thing I said before I pushed him off me and disappeared back into the party. I wiped the blood off my mouth and made my way through the party until I found where the drinks were, once again I grabbed another drink and danced along with the rest of the party. Damon found me and dragged me out of the party. I couldn't be bothered resisting so I let him. "Where are we going?" I asked him. "Somewhere you won't cause trouble" he replied with. "Where?" I asked getting annoyed. He didn't answer me so I began to struggle against his grip until I finally broke free. "I said where!?" "Home" he replied with. "I thought I wasn't welcome there." "It's better than you going around killing everyone, we don't want anyone getting suspicious now do we?" Damon replied. "I'm sure you have your friends in this town that wouldn't let you get discovered Damon." When I said this he just smirked and said "of course I do."
---------
We made our way home and stefan was their. When I walked through the door and saw him he looked shocked and a little frightened. I heard a noise upstairs and asked stefan and Damon "who's here?". Stefan cleared his throat and said "no one ."
"You are a terrible liar Stefan. Now answer my question. Or do I have to go find out myself?" He didn't say anything and he didn't have to because I heard someone making their way down the stairs. I looked up the stairs and there, about half way down the stairs was a girl staring right back at me. I was shocked when I saw her.It was like I had no control over my body. All I felt was pure rage. "Stefan who is this?" The girl asked curiously. Was she just playing dumb, I swear I don't look any different than I did in 1865.The girl in front of me was Katherine Pierce and I felt nothing but anger and hate towards her. But how come she does know who I am? Anyway that didn't matter, all I wanted to do was kill her. And that is exactly what I plan to do.