chapter 9

(Edit: who else loves Selena's new song? Gets me in the feels :'(, even tho I haven't really been in a relationship... )

Okay, I know i said I would update on Thanksgiving buttt, I changed my mind and decided to update early since idk if I can update on thanksgiving.

Anywho, here's an early update!

Also, read the note at the end of this chapter, very important!

•∆•

"king, no matter how many times you ask, I can't go with you to your homeland"

Mirielle says. She watches as the king crosses his arms and shakes his head, not taking no for an answer.

"C'mon Elle, you can become queen, get married, have my children, raise them,grow old..." The king says, walking closer towards her.

Have his children?

Backing away, nervously smiling, "I'm sorry king, I'm too young to, um... have children, and too young to get married"

"Nonsense Elle! How old are you, twenty? Twenty one?"

"Seventeen."

He looks at her with a smile

"Seventeen? Your only nine years younger then me Mirielle, not much of a difference" he beams, grabbing her hands

A nine year difference

"Maybe not to you, but to me it is king, now, please let go of my hands so I can go and help the children read" Mirielle politely says, smiling.

"Only if you agree to marry me"

Marry him? Isn't he going to fast?
We're not even together and he wants to get married....

Looking at her surroundings, she sees that everyone is watching, waiting for her answer.

Looking back at the king, who is smirking. He pulls her close until there inches apart and whispers close to her ear.

"Wouldn't want to embarrass me In front of the whole village, now do you my sweet Mirielle?" He says, feeling his warm breath hitting my ear.shivering.

"I-"

"MIRIELLE!"

Pushing the king away, she turns just in time to crouch down and catch little El, confused hearing the child crying, tears hitting her shoulder.

Looking back at the king, she quietly excuses herself, and quickly leave the crowd, only looking back to see the villagers going back to what they were doing.

Like he king just didnt ask her to marry him.

Walking towards the little play ground for the children, she goes towards the wooden, almost broken bench and sits, putting little El in her lap, facing her.

Wiping the tears off of little el's face, she looks at her with concern.

"Deep breaths, in and out little El, everything okay, take your time to calm down, then tell me what's wrong" Mirielle calmly tells little El, rubbing her back and getting the hair out of her face.

She watches as little El takes deep breath and the exhales, then again a few more times, calming her breathing.

"There we go little El, everything's okay, now, wanna tell me what's wrong?" Mirielle quietly says

Little El nods her head, wiping her tears before she looks at mirielle.

"I h-heard that you-u were leaving the V-village-" El says when hiccuping, trying to hold in her sobs.

El continues..

"A-and a boy told me t-that I'm a m-monster"

She breaks down again, hugging Mirielle.

Leaving the village? Monster?

Hugging El back, kissing her head and started to rock back a forth. Humming a tune her mother used to hum to her.

She waited till El calmed down again before she said anything.

"I'm not gonna leave, never. don't listen to what the villagers say, they are just getting confused" Mirielle says, kissing el's head before letting go and grabbing her little hands.

"Why did the boy call you a monster?"

She watches as El looks down and sniffles.

"B-because I did something bad that hurt o-one of the c-chickens, I couldn't stop it, I didn't know how, please don't be m-mad at me"

Couldn't stop it?

"Don't worry, your not a monster little El, I'm not mad, don't listen to the bad things people tell you, okay? A-"

"He said my eyes lit up, h-he said that I'm gonna become a monster like you Mirielle. Your not a monster, I a-am"

Eyes lit up?

Rubbing little el's head, smiling, she gently places her hands on her slightly puffy cheeks, puffy from crying, red from continuesly rubbing away the tears.

"Your eyes are as beautiful as the sky, electric blue with a hit of grey, like the clouds on a stormy day, there amazing, don't listen to what he says, don't listen to what the bad people say nor the bad things, okay?"

Nodding her head, she smiles as Mirielle and gives her one last hug and a Eskimo kiss before running off towards the other children.

Sighing, she stands up and stretches.

Gotta ask grandfather is he knows anything.

She starts too walk towards the village, not noticing the shadow behind her, in the forest, hiding behind the tree watching as she walks away.

Only a few more days.

°∆°

Hope you liked this chapter. Happy early thanksgivings.

Also, i really want to do a Q/A thing, so, If you have any questions about the characters or to the characters, or about myself, ask away!