chapter 5

"what do u think about marriage Mirielle?"

Taken back by the king's question, she stops walking and turns towards the king.

"Marriage? Well, I'm only seventeen, king, I haven't found love yet, so thinking about marriage is going to have to wait"

"Ah, I already found who I want to marry" he says, taking a rose from one of the bushes the kids were growing and giving it to Mirielle.

"King, please don't pluck roses from the bushes, the children are still growing them"

"Ah, children, what do you think about children?" He ask

"Well, children are amazing, they help around, they get along with others here, there just so very nice" Mirielle tells, glancing around the tiny village.

"I see"

Mirielle turns towards the king, only to be startled by how close he had been standing behind her. Backing up a bit only for him to follow.

"Mirielle, I think you should marry me."

"What?"

The king puts his hand on Mirielle cheek, he leans his face close to hers

"King?"

"Marry me Mirielle, marry me and you'll have everything you want" he whispered, his face getting closer to hers, lips so close to touching

Blinking, quickly pushing herself away from the king, she shakes her head, the rose falling from her hand, crashing into the ground.

"King, no, I can't, I don't love you, I never will love you, I'm sorry" she apologizes

The king, taken back from her words, grabs her hand and yanks her towards him till there chest to chest, face centimeters apart.

"You have no say Mirielle, your going to marry me, love me, you will never love no other man then me Mirielle!" he commands, forcefully taking her face and kisses her.

Gasping in pain, she steps on his foot, pushes him back and rubs her lips.

"Never do that again, I won't marry you, you can't command me, you may be a king, but your not my king" she whispers, her eyes teary, filled with pain.

wiping her eyes with the back of her hand, she quickly turns and walks away.

she ignores the king's yelling, his voice fading, blending with the wind as she walks further away from him.

Finally making it back the the middle of the village, She goes to the children and pick up a horse brush, smiles at el's as the child quickly starts to tell a story.

The king, still standing near the rose bush, a grin growing on his face.

Picking up a white rose examines it.

Then crushing it.

The king thinks to himself.

Thinking of ways to make her love him

This won't be the last time Mirielle sees the king.

He will not stop until he gets what he wants.

And what he wants is

Her.

*
*

Thinking about making the chapters longer. Hmm.