chapter 10.1

It was like a race against time.

A waiting game.

Waiting for something to happen, waiting for the villagers to burst into agony, waiting for flames to take out the entire village like a wave, waiting for everything to disappear, turn into ashes.

The moon shines down onto the village, making it slightly glow, the clouds slowly moving by, the wind moving the trees making them sway softly.

It was calm, too calm.

"Mirielle, it's time for bed, it's past midnight" grandfather softly whispers as he walks out onto the stone step.

Mirielle sighs and gets up from the bench, looking around once more, watching for shadows to pop up and destroy everything.

She turns and walks up the stone steps and into the small cottage, her grandfather shutting the door behind them.

"Get some rest Mirielle"

She nods her head, feeling the darkness already trying to consume her.

" Goodnight Grandfather" Mirielle says, walking up the steps.

When she makes it to her room, she gently closes the door and goes towards her bed, laying down, not bothering to change into her sleep wear.

Mirielle then falls into a slumber as the forest fills up with shadows, dark and errie shadows.

The shadows that are slowly inching nearer towards the village.

***

It's very short, but it's twelve at night a need a nap.

I will be posting more chapters during Christmas break.

I won't be posting any more for now (untill Christmas break), Im super busy with Finals and all, just hope I pass them.

Sorry loves for the short chapter!

Bye byes!