five

{Johnny POV}
It has only been a couple of days since I broke up with Pony. But those last couple of days have been the worst. Going to the lot I sleep in almost all the time means I have to pass pony's house. I really don't want to hear my moms shit she has to say.. One cold night as I was walking  pass Ponyboy's house I has heard his soft whimpers.
"Oh Ponyboy, I'm so sorry" I whisper, slipping a tear down my cheek. I continue to walk pass his house. As I was walking to the lot, like usual I saw this girl..? She had light brown hair and huge black eyes, kind of like me. A girl like her shouldn't be out at this time especially in this part of town. She was fairly pale and dressed nicely. While observing her, I didn't notice that she walked over to me.
I flinched and acknowledged her presence.
"Hello! Sorry to bother you but I'm lost.. do you think you can help me?" She shyly asked.
" If you don't know, it's totally okay..! I just took a wrong turn and I don't know where I am" I feel her eyes scan my body looked me up and down while she bites her lips.
I was a little weirded out but I answered,
"U-Um yeah.. sure, where are you trying to go" I asked, trying not to break eye contact. All of the sudden a Chevy Camaro pulls up and honks getting our attention.
"Hey where were you your were supposed to be at the party like 10 minutes ago" One of the girls in the car yell
"Oh yeah, sorry! I took a couple of wrong turns.." she answered. She was ruby red as if she was embarrassed..?
"Get in the car we'll drive up there!" The drive says unlocking the car door for her
"Ok just give me a second!" She smiles slightly
"It looks like I got a ride, but I think your really cute here's my number" she hand me a piece of paper with numbers on it, then gets in the car, driving off into the sunset... I was so confused. I'm not even into girls like her, I honestly don't even like girls in general..! But, to get the gangs suspicion down on me and Pony maybe i can try and .. get with her..? I continue to walk to the lot, overthinking as usual. I sat down, and fell asleep.

.
.
.

The next morning I wake up I decided to try to call her. I walk to the nearest pay phone and put in 50 cents in. I look at the paper just to make sure I don't call some random weirdo.
She picked up
"Hello?" The voice on the other end says
"Hey. You gave me your number yesterday and I decided to give it a call." I replied.
"Oh! You, what is your name again, Johnny right?" Do you want together at lunch today so we can get to know each other?"