Chapter 13 - Arjun

Leaving Aashi with that Prem guy made Arjun so uncomfortable. He didn't want to do it but the doctors had advised them to not push her too much at this stage. Since she couldn't remember Arjun at all, it was best for him to leave her to recover. He had taken Prem’s address and number before he had left them so he could keep in touch and be there in case Aashi needed him. But the feeling that developed at the pit of his stomach was worse than anything else he had felt before.

Driving home Arjun reflected on the events of the day. Everything felt like a nightmare. Of course by now he had been alerted by many acquaintances and friends multiple times about the photo that was circulating around the media. How could he have been so stupid? Why had he trusted Elina? He thought they were friends and she was looking out for him when he was low. No wonder Aashi had been so upset. His heart felt so heavy that he had been the cause of her heartache.

He parked his car and entered their empty home. The home he had worked so hard to make for Aashi. Everywhere he looked he saw reminders of her. The photos she had lovingly hung up on the walls, the flowers she had arranged on the tables - there was nothing in this home that she hadn't blessed with her special touch. He missed her so much. Approaching their wedding photo he slowly brushed his finger against her cheek. That was the best day of his life! He had had the girl of his dreams and she was going to be his forever.

She had wanted to keep studying but he wanted her to live comfortably so she didn't have to waste away her days at a job. Aashi seemed happy to be in control of their home - or so he thought. When they had had found out a couple of years later that they couldn't conceive it had been a tumultuous time. It was a problem with both of them and both equally felt guilty about it. But they got through that too. He had to hope that they would get through this little hurdle. Without that hope he had nothing.

He pulled out a bottle of whisky from the cupboard and settled down into a sofa. He had no idea what to do. He poured a glass and just as he was about to take a sip his phone rang. It was Elina.

"I don't want to talk to you" he felt the anger surging through his veins at the sight of her name.

"Arjun don't say that, cmon I just wanted to check on you" her voice was husky with suppressed desire.

"You've already don't more than enough, leave me a lone!!! You're fired" he yelled unable to control himself. He was furious that anyone could do something so cruel!

"Calm down boss, why are you talking to me this way? This isn't how you were last night - you were amazing, we were amazing."

Arjun didn't want to hear anymore. He didn't remember much about the night before but he didn't want to even open up the possibility that something had happened between them. It couldn't have - even intoxicated he wouldn't do that to Aashi. Would he?