Movie Night

What am I going to do with myself these next couple of days. I have no plans other than going over to Hunter's- typical. I tossed and turned in bed a couple more times before giving up and pulling myself out of bed. Jase and Derek left last night and mom is on a business trip. I slowly paced around my room contemplating whether I should text Hunter or not. I sighed looking at my phone. *No New Messages* I wandered around the house looking for some sort of entertainment. I decided to go for a walk. I grabbed my jacket and phone and decided to head to the diner.
"Oh hey there love bug," said Barbra, the old woman who works at the diner, "how's school going? Any boyfriends my dear?" Barbra's like a grandma to me, she's so sweet and you could see her remaining youth through how she always tried to keep up any gossip and drama. "Schools boring and no boyfriends, Barb," I awkwardly chuckled rubbing my thumb across my palm.
"Sugar, if you like this boy then tell him! Nothing's going to happen if you keep hiding in the shadows," Barbra said placing her delicate hands on my shoulder, "he may even like you back but you won't know until you try!" Barb assured me. She just doesn't understand how hard it's going to be for me to tell Hunter...
I walked back to my house when I saw Hunter standing at my door, "took you long enough to finally get home!" I rolled my eyes and unlocked the door, "well sorry, I didn't know you were coming over." We went inside and went straight toward the living room. "Let's watch something on Netflix, like a scary movie," Hunter said scrolling through the list of movies. I shrugged and slumped down beside him. We were about two movies in and I started nodding off.

"Linh wake up, pst Linh!" I quickly opened my eyes. I had fallen asleep and oh shit, I was practically cuddled up against Hunter. Fuck. "I'm sorry," I said looking down at the carpet as my cheeks burned a bright red. "Nah it's ok, I was comfy and you kept me warm," he lightly blushed. Why is he blushing? I'm the nervous wreck here. I uncomfortably shifted, making myself sit further from Hunter, "um are we done watching movies?"

When Hunter left he gave me a long lingering hug, which was awkward and unusual, "um I'll call you later?" I nodded my head and shut the door. I felt my heart beat quicken and my hands were getting cold. Why am I being so nervous? He always calls me. We're just friends, I remind myself, nothing more nothing less.