Not Thomas' girlfriend

I couldn't believe I was on the set of The Maze Runner, it was amazing. They actually built all of the Glade, non of it was computer, and they really built the Homestead and all the buildings. I still tried to cover up my wrists, and some people may have taken a quick glance at them, but no one said anything or treated me like some broken kid, which I very much appreciated. I stood behind the cameras with Kaya, my idol who was super cool and badass. When they called for break, Thomas got a water and walked over to me with a smile.

"You were amazing!" I giggled and hugged him, despite the sweat that covered him. "Thanks, love. I try my hardest." We started walking toward the food stand and I saw a few people glare at me. "Are you sure it's okay that I'm here? Like, on set and everything." 

"Of course it is, stop worrying. I talked to Wes and that shank's word is the only one that matters." We laughed at the Glader language and sat with everyone to eat. I was sat next to someone that I hadn't met yet but before I could introduce myself, Kaya was telling him to switch places with her. I laughed as she moved beside me. 

"So, what did you think? My boys are amazing, aren't they?" 

"Well, I've only read half of the first book, but the guys were fantastic. I really think that Dylan is amazing as Thomas, though he's not what I pictured him to look like, he was too good to even care about that. And Thomas is just like Newt, again apart from the appearance, he really captures the essence of Newt; the hard, ordered, and mature yet funny, loose, and very friendly." I looked up and saw Thomas smiling at me. I smiled and looked down as I blushed again.

"Who is your favorite character in the book? Let me guess, it's Newt, right?" Dylan said with a laugh. "No, one of them, but not the first. I actually really like Minho." The guys laughed and did their little dude thing and Kaya and I just sat back and laughed at them.

An older looking man came over to the table and I recognized as Wes, the director of the movie. They all started a conversation with each other while I sat back and listened. I wasn't really a talkative person around people I didn't know. I was also kind of scared that Wes would get mad about me being here, since the movie wasn't out yet and I wasn't a part of it, so I didn't bring any attention to myself. Dylan obviously had other plans, though. 

"Have you met Thomas's little girlfriend yet?" He asked and they all turned to look at me. 

"You've been pretty quiet, Lizzie." Ki Hong pointed out, just helping my case.

"I haven't yet, but I'm Wes." He stretched his hand out to me but I was afraid to shake it, since everyone at the table would see my scars. I looked to Thomas and he nodded his head, giving me a reassuring smile. I decided to give him a low five instead, my insecurity getting the better of me. They laughed, though, so I didn't feel as bad. 

"I'm Lizzie," I smiled "not Thomas's girlfriend, by the way. Just a friend" I heard Dylan mumble a "not yet" And the boys snickered. I gave him a playful glare and saw Thomas look down with embarrassment. "I hope it's okay that I'm here, I asked Thomas but I'm still not completely sure." I giggled shyly, embarrassed at how worried I was about this. It didn't seem like that big of a deal.

"No, no. It's totally fine, just no pictures of the set and no leaks." He gave me a friendly smile which I gladly returned. It felt nice to be here, I liked these people, and they seemed to genuinely like me. I smiled and joined in on their conversation, really enjoying myself. I haven't felt like this in ages, and it felt great.