Midnight

You watched the night sky as the stars preformed a show, each star stood for a fallen warrior that's what your parent had told you, each star in the sky was the soul of a warrior or someone that had earned there way into Elysium. Every night a bright star would shine across the meadow that you lay in , only you could see it , it glowed orange like a fire lighting up the midnight sky before dissolving Into the atmosphere leaving no trace that it was ever there.
You remembered what leo had said to you before he died
" when I'm away from you look at the stars as long as they appear each night il always love you and protect you no matter where I am"
Silent tears rolled down your cheeks Leo had told the truth each night the stars shone and you felt as if he was there looking after you and that star was him telling you he'd always love you.
When morning came it hit you that leo was dead, as it did each morning. He died to protect you but you needed him.
So every night at midnight you'd watch the stars the way you both used to, he used to hold your hand and sing to you in Spanish and on the way back to the cabins he'd almost always trip and curse in Spanish.
But now it was just you lying alone watching the stars but you knew leo was watching down on you singing his song in Spanish from Elysium.
*all the feelsssss sorry that it's short I was with my cousin all day*~question if you could shadow travel anywhere where would you choose?~ xoxo Maddie