𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨.

⋆° დ ༄ UNTIL THERE WAS TROUBLE
chapter two. the thing about heroes.

"This is Lindsay

"This is Lindsay. I can't get to the phone-" Sam hangs up the phone for the 5th time, slamming it onto the kitchen table, trying to reach Erin, but no luck.

"Sam, come on. We gotta go" Jay says, standing at the doorway. Sam sighed, getting up from the table and following after her husband to grab her coat and say goodbye to Lucy and Gracie.

🌙🌙🌙

"Hi. Sergeant Hank Voight. Detective Sam Halstead. Intelligence" Hank says, as he and Sam walk up to Adam and an Agent at a scene where a bomb blew up at a street festival.

"Special agent in charge, Steve Burns"

"Alright, what do we know?"

"Negative on a secondary device. We got two civilians DOA. Two dozen injured, some severely. One suspect on the table at Chicago Med." Ruzek states.

"Could've been a lot worse, if not for your people. The bomb if reasonably sophisticated, but with all the internet sites these days, you could probably build a bomb like this in your garage after a couple visits to a hardware store" Burns says.

"So we're calling it what it is? Terrorism?" Voight asks.

"Appears that way to me. I don't think we're dealing with Osama Bin Laden, but they're not stupid, either. They got a bomb into a secure location loaded with civilians."

"Anyone claim responsibility?" Sam asks.

"Not yet. That usually means they're not finished."

"Once we cleared this scene, we can run leads out of the 21st" Hank says. Burns holds out his hand for a handshake and says, "Looking forward to working with you. Let's get these bastards"

Before following Voight to where Kevin and Kim are, Sam turns to Adam and says, "Hey, you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm good" Adam reassures his friend. Sam raises an eyebrow and says, "Yeah?"

Adam nods his head, and puts his arm around the brunette's shoulder, as they walk over to the van used in the bombing where Voight, Atwater and Kim are.

"Well, what do we have?" Voight asks.

"So, the van was reported stolen from the Gage Park area last week." Adam says.