𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧.

⋆° დ ༄ UNTIL THERE WAS TROUBLE
chapter sixteen. profiles.
crossover special.

Sam is in the locker room at the district sitting on the bench and scrolling through pictures on her phone of her, Justin and Wyatt

"Sam, you in here?" A voice calls out. Sam clears her throat, and puts her phone away and says, "Yeah"

"You okay?"

The detective looked up at her friend and says, "Yeah, I'm good, Adam. Thanks"

"Okay. The watch party is about to start"

"Oh, right. Trudy is getting interviewed on tv." Sam says, slowly getting up from the wooden bench.

"The watch party is about to start!" Kim yells from the bullpen, "Adam, Sam come on!"

"And that's our que" Adam says, as the two walk out to the bullpen to see Antonio and his daughter, "Hey, Eva. What's up, kid?"

"My fathers a fascist" Eva says. Adam and Sam look at each other and the officer says, "okay, I don't know what to do with that" then they head over to Hailey and Jays desks, when Kim throws a container of cheesy puffs at him.

Sam pulls out Haileys desk chair and sits down next to Brayden, taking a Twizzler from Kim, then looks at her husband who mouths, "you okay?" which she replies with a head nod.

"Everybody be quiet. Platts on TV" Kevin says, turning the volume up.

"Bettys sitting down to discuss the new friendly face of the Chicago PD with Sergeant Platt" the woman says.

"New friendly face?" Adam asks, due to Trudys face looking anything other than friendly.

As the interview goes on Jay jokes, "She couldn't possible hate this any more" making the team chuckle.

"Oh, this is like Christmas" Kim smiles.

Then there's a rapid beeping coming from the studio where Platt was. Brayden looks around at the team and says, "What was that?"

Then in seconds an explosion takes place, making the whole team gasp with fear and the tv camera cuts out.

~~~

"Alright, we got the initial report from Bomb and Arson. It was a single device" Brayden says, as he, Kevin and Hank walk to the bullpen, where Sam and Hailey are standing by the whiteboard and Jay and Adam are at their desks, "Cardboard box in Sheri's office. IED, nails, glass. We're lucky that no one was standing closer, Sarg"