𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫.

⋆° დ ༄ UNTIL THERE WAS TROUBLE
chapter four. snitch.

There's a knock at the door and in walks Wyatt followed by Kim

There's a knock at the door and in walks Wyatt followed by Kim. Sam gets up from the couch and says, "Hey guys" before her son takes off his jacket and hugs Kim goodbye, when Jay walks out of the kitchen with a bowl of popcorn and Wyatt takes it and heads up to his room, "How was Jordan's birthday?"

"It was good" Kim smiles.

"Hey, Kim. Where's Kev?" Jay asks.

"Adam texted him about the undercover thing he's been workin'...I should get back, so, I'll see you guy's tomorrow"

Sam brings the burnette into a hug and says, "Thank you for bringing him home"

"No problem" The brunette smiles, before closing the door behind her. Sam turns towards her husband who is empty handed and asks, "Where's the popcorn?"

🌙🌙🌙

Hank, Sam, Brayden and Al walk onto a crime scene, where they see the coroner's office, wheeling a body away and they walk over to Kevin.

"What's up?" Voight asks. Kevin puts his hands on his hips and says, "It's uh, two to the chest. Nine millimeter. The casings are right here" then he points to one of the crime scene tags, where the bullet casings are.

"Find a gun?"

"Not yet"

"You okay?" Sam asks, as Adam walks over to them.

"Yeah. This was Kurtis or somebody that worked for him. It had to be" Adam says.

"Well, now we follow the evidence. Grab Upton and Halstead and start knocking. We need witnesses" Hank says as he and Al walk away. Ruzek sighs and says, "He was alive when I got here. He was alive, right there. I was trying to help him. Told him I was a cop. The way he looked at me. Pushed my hands away. He knew why he got shot, 'cause I got made and he picked up the tab"

"Hey. I understand. I get it, I mean, you really liked Eddie. But this isn't on you, dog. You didn't pull the trigger, alright?" Kevin says. Adam looks at Sam, for reassurance and the brunette nods and fist bumps him.

"Thanks guys"

🌙🌙🌙

The team is back on the unit, surrounding Kim, who's sitting at her desk and says, "So, this is spotter cam video. It's not perfect, but here's the shot. Swivels. There's our guy" then she points to the screen.