𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲.

⋆° დ ༄ UNTIL THERE WAS TROUBLE
chapter twenty. payback.

"Good job, baby" Sam smiles, watching her daughter slowly climb up the stairs on the jungle gym at the park

"Good job, baby" Sam smiles, watching her daughter slowly climb up the stairs on the jungle gym at the park. Gracie smiles and continues to walk towards the slide.

Once she slides down the slide, Gracie starts clapping and smiling. Then she gets off the slide and runs towards her godfather and hugs his legs.

"There's my girl" Kelly says, picking Gracie up and kisses her cheek.

"Unke...Kel"

Kelly smiles and says, "Close enough"

"Thank you for being here. I gotta head to work earlier than I thought" Sam says.

"No problem. I wouldn't want to spend my day off any other way"

Gracie places her small hand on the back of Kelly's neck and lays her head down on his chest.

"Also, do you mind picking Denise up from her dance practice at 5?" Sam asks her best friend. Kelly nods and says, "Yeah. Where's Wyatt?"

"At a friends" Sam kisses her daughters check, "thank you, Kells. Love you!" Then she walks to her Jeep to head to the district.

🌙🌙🌙

"Today's tip followed the same MO as our previous two" Antonio explains to the team, "they blast the doors open, kill everybody inside, grab the money and product, and get the hell out of there"

"Just ran the prints of the two dead guys." Hailey says walking over to Antonio with three pictures in her hand, "these two. Nothing. No names, no criminal history" then hands Dawson the two pictures to hang on the board.

"That makes six dead bangers" Brayden says, crossing his arms over his chest. Hailey shows another other picture of a little boy and says, "and Felix Montero. Just turned 10"

"We talked to Felix's mom. She says she saw two Latinos, 20, jump into a dark car, but that's all we got" Kim says.

"Somebody has to see them. They didn't just disappear into thin air" Atwater says.

"Alright, so let's double down on the traffic cams, start canvassing for more witnesses" Voight says.

"Ask me, we should assume this is an inside job. You don't get the address of a stash house in the yellow pages" Al says.