𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱.

⋆° დ ༄ UNTIL THERE WAS TROUBLE
chapter six. fallen.

"And community play is about more than just providing gyms

"And community play is about more than just providing gyms. It's about building bridges between law enforcement and at risk kids" Alderman Price says, at a charity event, while the intelligence unit, along with other departments and districts are in their blues, listening, while Jay rests his hand on his wife's knee, making them both smile, "It's a place where kids get to know the person behind the badge. And police aren't making arrests and asking questions. Instead, they're giving their perspectives on leadership, conflict resolution, empathy, and most importantly, trust. Community Play thrives on good folks like you and when I say, 'good folks', I mean caring, compassionate people who are also willing to open those wallets" making people laugh, "You know, earlier tonight, I was taking a little walk on the beautiful streets here on the north side. This is the Chicago we all want. Family friendly. A safe haven from gun violence and with your help we've made this little organization a safe haven as well. So, thank you for coming tonight, and god bless"

~~~

Jay and Sam are at the bar, having a drink when Hailey walks over to them and says, "Hey. You guys wanna roll?"

"We're off in like 10 minutes" Sam says, taking a sip of champagne. Hailey sighs and says, "I guess you're right" then she turns her head to see Voight talking with someone.

"You know him?" Jay asks.

"Yeah. Sean McGrady. Sergeant out of Narcotics. Couple years back, I was assigned to his joint investigation. Good police"

"She says with hesitation" Sam says.

"No, he is. He's just, uh, competitive. Always looks for an angle. Drove me nuts"

~~~

Sam walks out of the bathroom to see Brayden on the phone, which looks like a heated conversation and she walks over to him right when he hangs up and asks, "Hey, you okay?"

"Uh, yeah. It was just my brother" Brayden sighs, "He always likes to pick a fight"

Then Jay runs around the corner with his and Sam's coat in hand and says, "Guys, we gotta go. Active shooter"

🌙🌙🌙

The intelligence team rounds the corner with their guns drawn and slowly make their way towards the front of the house. Adam and Sam walk up the front steps to see the front door ajar and the officer slowly opens it and the team walks in to clear the house, when Hank and Sam walk into the living room to see two bodies.