𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧.

⋆° დ ༄ UNTIL THERE WAS TROUBLE
chapter seventeen. hiding not seeking.
crossover special.

Kelly walks to his office when he sees Stella sitting on her cot, looking at her phone and says, "What's up?"

"Oh" Kidd says, turning around to look at Severide, "Zach wants me to meet his sister. She's coming to town, and it's a whole to-do"

Kelly chuckles and says, "Two days ago, you were saying that you wanted to move out because it's getting weird with me, and now you're worried about his sister?"

"I know, but meeting his family. I mean, he might as well come with a priest and ten limos, because that's what that means"

"Okay"

"Look, I'm just...I'm gonna tell him to tap the brakes, just a little"

"I'll let you...work on that. Sam and the kids are coming by, so.." Kelly says, turning towards his office door when Stella catches his attention and says. "Actually, can I ask you something?"

"Yeah"

"It's about you and Sam" Stella says, looking down at her hands.

"Okay...where is this going?"

"You guys are close, huh?"

"Since we were 4"

"Some might say a little too close.." Stella says, looking up at the firefighter, raising an eyebrow. Kelly scoffs and says, "What? She's my best friend"

"Okay, okay. I'm just clearing some things up"

"I'd die to protect her, okay. Nobody knows what we've been through, she's the only one that understands me"

"Kelly, okay. I'm sorry I brought it up" Kidd says, putting her hands up in defense. Kelly sighs and walks into his office.

~~~

Sam walks over to Stella who is sitting at the table in the common room, reading a magazine and sits down next to the brunette and says, "Hey"

Kidd looks over at the detective and says, "Hey"

"So, Kelly told me about the conversation you two had"

Stella sighs and says, "I was just asking questions, I didn't mean to-"

Sam cuts the firefighter off and says, "Stella, it's okay. We're probably a lot closer than two best friends usually are, but it's just cause we've been through a lot together and we understand each other."