6

- Abandoned -
Alfie's POV
"Let's go out," Zoe suggested.
"But it's not safe, not with Henry around," I replied. The last thing I wanted was for Zoe to get hurt.
"We can go in the car, drive past my flat and if he's not in, then can we go for a walk?" She pleaded.
"Alright..." I muttered. We grabbed our things and headed out to the parking area.
-
"Look the front door is open," Zoe pointed out as we drove past her apartment. We drove another round of the block and pulled up outside the entrance.
"Stay behind me, just incase," I said, edging her tiny frame behind me. "Hello?" I shouted as we stepped inside. There was broken glass, shattered in the kitchen, the sofa was torn and the TV had been destroyed.
"Why would he do this!" Zoe protested. She came out from behind me and shuffled into the bedroom.
"It's okay Zo, just stay with me a while, I've got a room," I said, rubbing her back. The nodded and smiled at me.
"Thanks alf," she said as she reached up and pecked my cheek. I placed my fingers onto the place where she'd kissed me. The warmth from her lips made me blush. How could a girl have this much of an affect on me?
-
We returned home from Zoe's place with a couple of suitcases of Zoe's stuff.
"I'm just going to unpack," she muttered as she made her way into the bedroom with her stuff. She wasn't herself. The door to her bedroom closed and I contemplated knocking. I paused just as my fists were about to hit the door. Best not disturb her.
-
I sipped on my coffee as I read the newspaper. Zoe had been in her room for at least an hour now. I decided to see how she was.
I tapped my fists on the door and slowly turned the knob.
"Zoe?" I question. I looked up to see no Zoe. I checked the en-suite, no Zoe. I fumbled around with my phone and dialed her number.
"Zoe, please pick up, I love you," I muttered into the dialling tone. It stopped and she picked up.
"Alfie?"
"Zoe, your okay," I said, gasping for air.
"Sorry, I went to clear my head," she sighed.
"It's okay, just come back, please?"
"Okay," she replied, her tone sounded a little more cheerful than before.
"Bye," I said,
"Bye Alfie," she whispered. "I love you,"
That couldn't of been what I thought she said, she couldn't love me. She was Zoe, and I was just...well...Alfie?