19

- Important Lunch Meetings -
Zoe's POV

I woke up to find myself entangled with Alfie. My body was sprawled over his, but I was still pretty comfy. I removed my self from the bed as carefully as I could. He looked so peaceful, it was best not to disturb him. I walked into the living room where my bag was and got out my phone. Gabby had called me millions of times. I should've left a note really. I called her number and she instantly picked up.

"Oh my gosh Zoe! Where are you?" She shouted down the line.

"Sorry, I should've left a note, I'm at Alfie's, he called my early this morning, he needed to see me," I said, trying to apologise as much as possible.

"It's okay, if Alfie needed you then I'll forgive you this time," I smiled at her response. "How about you meet me and Joe for lunch," she innocently said. A wave of anxiety crashed over me. I paused, not knowing what to say.

"Yeah sure..." I nervously replied. I wasn't mentally prepared to see Joe. I wasn't ready, but I had to take any opportunity I had. I wouldn't get many.

"Great, McDonalds at 1.30?"

"Okay, see you soon, bye,"

"Bye"

I hung up and quickly rushed into Alfie's room. I picked out one of his plain white t-shirts from his drawer and found my jeans and leather jacket from last night. I put them one and went to wash my face.

I found a little bit of basic concealer, mascara and lipstick in my bag, it was going to have to do. I made the most with what I had and managed to create a decent look. It was 1.00pm and I needed a lift down. McDonald's was right into Brighton and I couldn't walk that far. Alfie was still sleeping, so I left him a note on the side.

'Gone for lunch with Gabb&Joe, borrowed your car, will stay again tonight after I've fetched some stuff, love you, Z x'

I placed the note on the coffee table, grabbed my bag and Alfie's car keys and left the flat.

I parked the car in a spare space at McDonald's and took a deep breath in. I grabbed my bag off the passenger seat and opened the car door. I double checked that I'd locked it and walked into the restaurant. It was pretty much empty, so I sat down at a small table. A woman dressed in uniform walked over and gave me a look of disgrace.

"Excuse me, but you can't just use this place for the seating, you have to buy something!" She said raising her voice louder than she should. I looked up at her and smiled.

"I'm waiting for my friends if you don't mind, we'd like to eat our food together," I sarcastically smiled, causing the woman to scowl even more. She turned and walked away. I saw Joe and Gabby approaching the door, holding hands. I smiled to myself making a mental note to ask about their relationship. My nervousness got worse as the entered the building. Joe's eyes looked up and met with mine. I smiled, only to be greeted with an unfriendly scowl. Gabby pulled his arm tighter and almost dragged him over.

"Hey Zoe," Gabby smiled, forcing Joe to sit down opposite me.

"Hiya," I smiled back. Joe crossed his arms and slouched in his chair.

"Hi, Joe," my nerves were racing around my brain now. I didn't know whether he was about to slap me or hug me.

"I'm sorry for breaking you arm," he muttered.

"No biggie, that's what siblings are for," I chuckled. Luckily he chuckled too.

"And I'm sorry for ignoring you for all these years, I know you only want to please everybody, even your abusive boyfriend,"

"Ex-boyfriend," I added.

"And I'm also sorry for being a dick, I wasn't there when you had nobody,"

"It's okay, I'm sorry for not listening,"

"How's Alfie?" He surprisingly asked.

"He's alright, he was sleeping when I left him, how's Gabby?"

"Gabby's fine thanks," Joe replied, causing Gabby to burst out laughing, we joined her all giggling. I was so glad to have my brother back. It was like another piece of me was complete.