7

- Anxiety -
Zoe's POV
Alfie pressed his warm body against mine. His hugs felt like they lasted an eternity. I liked that.

He released me and kissed my forehead.
"You know, no matter what happens, I'll always be here for you," he sweetly stated. I smiled and placed my hand on his cheek. His fresh stubble tickled my cold hands.
"Thank you Alfie," he smiled and picked up his coat off the sofa.
"Let's go for some food," he said, tugging at my hand.
"Okay," I cheeped, grabbing my coat aswell.

-

We reached Nandos a couple of minutes later, the walk hadn't taken long. I pushed open the large glass doors. Alfie placed his large hand on my shoulder and guided me to a table. I sat down opposite him and picked up the menu.
"Alf, I'm not really hungry," I said as my eyes scanned the range of different flavours.
"Zoe, you need to eat, just have a starter," he said placing a his hand on mine. His gaze traveled up to my eyes. I blushed a little at his actions towards me.
"What are you getting?" I smiled as he pulled his eyes away from mine."
"Probably just some PeriPeri Chicken," he said, pointing at the dish on the menu.
"You know what, I'll have the same," I smiled.

-

After the meal we decided to take a walk down the pier as it was a warm day.
"Zoe," Alfie said, stopping by the hook-a-duck stall.
"Yes," I smiled, taking in out surroundings. I'd been to the pier hundreds of times before, but everything seemed different when Alfie was with me.
"We've known each other for some time, yeah," he said rubbing the back of his neck. A pang of anxiety hit me. He was going to ask me on a date. My sight went blurry, my hearing was muffled. I was having an anxiety attack. I clutched onto Alfie's arm as my breathing got heavier. I heard his shouts, his cries for me to calm down, and then it all stopped.