Red Eye

After I got back from the airport I turned the lights on and laid down on the bed

After I got back from the airport I turned the lights on and laid down on the bed. I knew two weeks wasn't that long but it felt like she would be gone forever. Just the way we left things off didn't sit right with me. I picked up the phone to call her but it went straight to voicemail. I had hoped that her plane hadn't taken off yet.

I rubbed my face. Five o clock shadow always hit me around midnight. I walked to the bathroom and stared into the vanity mirror. I opened the drawer and started shaving the stubble off my face. When I was done I threw the shaver into the trash. The trash can wasn't empty like it normally was. There was a box in the bottom of it. I wiggled the basket around and picked the box up. The words "Clear Blue" scrolled across the box.

"Bloody Hell" I picked up the box and shook it. A stick wrapped in plastic fell out. I took the plastic off and two lines stared me in the face. Brooke was pregnant.

I ran to the closet and started throwing clothes in a suitcase as fast as I could. I picked up the phone and texted Mickey to come outside. I needed to get to Paris and fast.

Faster Mick. I yelled from the back of the Range Rover as he shuffled through traffic. "Going as fast as I can sir. The plane is on the runway so we will just pull up directly."

Brooke took first class and not our plane this time. Harry, Liam me and Louis all shared our old one direction plane. It didn't make sense to get rid of it when we all still traveled so often. I couldn't believe Brooke tried to hide her pregnancy from me. I know she was going through a lot I just wished she would stop keeping secrets from me. It's not like we were being careful, we fucked like rabbits and it was only a matter of time. I guess my pull out game wasn't as strong as I thought it was. I couldn't imagine having a child right now in the middle of all this chaos.

"First class flight with WiFi and she can't respond to my texts?" I angrily tapped on my phone. Once we got to the plane I boarded as quick as I could and took a seat in one of the rotating recliners. I grabbed a glass and poured myself a whiskey.

"Me. A dad?" I muttered out loud. Shaking my head at the idea. "I am not qualified"

"Did you say something sir?" Mickey turned around and put my last bag on the plane.

"Sorry Mick, just one of those days?" I pointed to my glass, taking another swig.

"Safe flight sir" he tipped his hat and exited the plane.

"Seventeen hour flight" I poured myself another glass. "Thanks Mick, night!" I yelled back to him toasting my glass in the air.

I closed my eyes and started to drift off.

"Oh shit, I'm sorry you guys are writing a song" Brooke stood up to walk away but I pulled her back into my lap.

" You wanna play it for her Irish?" Harry winked at her as he took a swig of the beer in front of him.

She looked at me with a puzzled look. She traced a finger down the side of my face. " Play me what?" She whispered in my ear.

"Been writing a song about you, it's gonna go on my solo album. The guys are helping me" I smiled

"Let's take it from the top" Liam said as he motioned to the boys. I picked up my guitar on the floor.

I strummed on the  guitar and started to sing.

"Waking up to kiss you and nobody's there
The smell of your perfume still stuck in the air
It's hard
Yesterday I thought I saw your shadow running round
It's funny how things never change in this old town
So far from the stars
And I want to tell you everything
The words I never got to say the first time around
And I remember everything
From when we were the children playing in this fairground
Wish I was there with you now
If the whole world was watching I'd still dance with you
Drive highways and byways to be there with you
Over and over the only truth
Everything comes back to you"

She smiled at me, then Harry walked behind her and tapped on her shoulder. "Our babies crying, should I go get her?" He kissed her on the cheek.

"Your baby?" I got up from the couch and walked to Brooke.

"Yes, thanks babe" she kissed Harry.

"What the fuck is going on?" I punched Harry in the face.

He wiped the blood from his nose and laughed "Cmon Niall. Why are you acting so shocked, Brooke and I are married and this is our baby" Brooke walked into the room holding a baby wrapped in a pink blanket. She passed the baby to me. "This is little Carry, isn't she cute?" Brooke snuggled against Harry.

"Niall, Niall, we're landing sir" the air attendant tapped my shoulder.

"Shit, sorry you scared me" I flinched.

That was a terrible nightmare. I looked down at my phone to see if Brooke had responded to my iMessages yet. Still nothing. What if Brooke was pregnant with Harry's baby, I needed to figure this all mess out.

Brooke should have landed by now. As I exited the plane and walked down the stairs I called her number. It went straight to voicemail, how was I supposed to find her when she wasn't answering her phone. All I knew was that she was going to a detoxing resort, there had to be a million of those in Paris. I scrolled through my contacts and picked the one other person that I knew was always in Paris.

"Shawn" I took a deep breath of relief as he answered the phone. "I need your help man"