chapter 1~~~~~how it all began

Hayden is a 14 year old girl, with black straight hair and blue eyes. She lives in Sacramento, California, in an orphanage. She first came to the orphanage when she was about 4.

When she was born, she had a brother, who was 11 at the time. Her mother and father treaty them both horribly. Her brother's name was john. He took care of her, when their parents were drunk, or just had people over.

He taught her how to count, talk, walk, brush her own hair, etc. They had a strong bond, that couldn't be broken. She was now three. Her mom and dad had been drinking. Her mom busted open the bedroom door, john reading Hayden a bedtime story.

She yanked john by his hair and threw him to the ground. Hayden was shaking with fear. The mom was hitting him, and cursing. Eventually, she stopped. The door slammed and it was silent. John had blood on his head.

"Bubba" Hayden said. John pulled her close to him. "Its okay, I won't let them ever hurt you" "are you otay?" She asked. He wiped the tears off her cheeks and sighed, " I'm okay." He said, wiping the blood off with his shirt.

When she became 4, her parents had some friend over, they were watching the football game and drinking. Hayden came out the room to use the bathroom, her brother was asleep. "Hey, you" her dad said. She turned. "Come here" he said. He was drunk, and she could tell.

She slowly walked over to her dad. She stood in front of him. Then, there was a loud smack, as she landed on the floor. She was screaming and crying. The dad was laughing. John heard the noise and awoke. He rushed into the living room, and scooped her up trying to calm her down. There was a bright red hand mark across her face. She held on to john tightly.

"Why would you do that?" The dad's friend asked. That started a big fight, john brought Hayden to the bedroom, and cuddled with her. The cops showed up at the house and took the parents to jail. The kids ended up in the orphanage. John got adopted, when he turned 16. He promised to write to her every day and he did. That's how she ended up in the orphanage.