Anniversary Gift( part 8)

Shivaay opened the door of his room with an ocean of thoughts surfacing over his mind.
He looked at their frame placed on the table besides their bed, it was from their marriage, actually their second marriage.
He saw the smile on both their faces, they looked content, a feeling which is rarely to be felt.

" she seems so happy, her smile has the power to make Me smile on the worst days of my life" Shivaay said while softly touching annika's face In the photo frame. Suddenly the flashes of the chandelier falling on annika entered his mind and he shuddered.
" what if I wouldn't have reached there on time" that thought was eating his mind continously. He can't even imagine the consequences if he wouldn't have saved annika.

He sat on the sofa with the same thoughts running over and over again. " After I go, annika would have to take care of herself on her own again. What if she is not able to do that? Yes omru and gauri will take care of her but still what if they are busy and she is alone? " Shivaay kept on thinking not realising when sleep overtook him as he was completely exhausted, more mentally than physically.

Annika was standing in the hall with a dejected face as shivaay still avoided the confrontation after so much happened when she heard omkara's voice
" Bhabhi you have blood on your forehead and cheeks, what happened are you OK?"
" Blood?" Annika exclaimed " but I feel no pain, I am not hurt "
" so why is there blood on your face?" Omkara asked surprisingly.
" Shivaay, he must have got hurt while saving me" annika whispered with tears in her eyes and rushed towards their room.

Annika entered their room and saw shivaay sleeping in an uncomfortable position on the sofa. She looked at his hand which was bleeding badly. She immediately rushed and brought the first aid box. She put the antiseptic on his wound with the help of cotton and shivaay winced a little in his sleep. Annika felt the pain and tears started pouring out of her eyes. She took his hand and kissed over his wound.

" Why does he give pain to himself " annika thought as she started bandaging his hands " when he knows his pain hurts me more than it hurts him"

Annika carefully placed shivaay's head on her lap and made him sleep comfortably. She saw that he had frown lines on his forehead. She kissed on his head and saw the frown lines dissappear. A smile appeared on her face thinking about the effect she has on him. " And he thinks he can stay away from me" Annika thought to herself. She felt a mixture of emotions, on one side she felt like laughing seeing her husband's stupid attempts to stay away from her and his thoughts that annika can stay happy without him and on other side she heart pained as she knew while doing all this he must be experiencing so much pain. Slowly she also fell asleep while continously caressing his head.

Shivaay woke up next day to find the bed empty. He looked around the room and didn't find annika there. He sighed as morning was the only time when he gets to see Annika to his hearts content, when she Is sleeping.

He walked out of the room, searching for his annika just when he heard dadi talking to gauri
" beta, where is annika?"
" dadi, jiji left for her firm early today as she has some important work"
" did she have hee breakfast and go" dadi asked
" I dont know dadi, I think she must have had"

Shivaay got frustrated hearing this, first she left early morning and secondly cause he knew she must not have eaten anything. He made his usual grumpy face and went back to his room to get ready. He thought of calling annika reminding her for breakfast but dropped that idea thinking that after he goes annika has to do that herself.

Shivaay got ready and left for office without taking breakfast himself. Whole day he couldn't concentrate on his work as his whole attention was on annika, whether she would have eaten or not, whether she would be fine. After continuous fights with his mind, his heart won and he dialed annikas number.