Shattered

Cold water touched his feet, washing away the sand he had buried his legs into. He wished to bury himself in that sand, but then the water would wash away the sand above him too. It was midnight, with chilling cold chilling cold breeze touching his form. May be that could freeze his heart, may be that could stop him from feeling the heartbreak or rather just stop his heart from beating.
Why wasn't his weak heart doing its work?
Why wasn't destiny ending his life when life had already ended him?

The moonlight softly graced his cheeks, he felt as if it was her touch.  He looked a the moon, the beautiful moon.
She was the moon who walked in the darkness despite being scared of it.
He smiled as a tear escaped from his eye.

But she was the moon with erupting volcanoes inside, he had always knew that but what he didn't know was the fire of her volcano could burn the sun. Flashes of glass shattering besides him crossed his mind while he flinched. Flinched not from the attack on him but from her heartbreak .
Seeing hatred in her eyes for him would be the last thing he ever could take, he would rather kill himself before that, but he doesn't even have that authority, it was hers. His life was always HERS.

A shadow of darkness fell over his face, as a cloud blocked the moon's light, just like his destiny blocked his moon's light from his life. His moon had eclipsed forever, he coule do nothing about it. He got reminded of the dark day of his life.

" I can't believe you all did that"
Trauma hit his heart like an arrow, shattering it into million pieces. He knew his family was disoriented, but never in his wildest dreams he thought they could be murderers. The castle of their dreams was built on the blood of thousand other people. He fell on the ground as he couldn't take the weight of the golden spoon he was fed in, he couldn't take the pressure of his big rich family name. He let out a shout and wept.

Within a few moments, he gained his old demeanour. He couldn't make this about himself, it was about the people who lost their life and loved ones cause of his parents selfish motives. He immediately picked up his mobile to inform the police about it.

As he was about to call, Tej held his hand to stop him.
" Shivaay, we did this for you. We were going bankrupt and we couldn't think of anything else. You were our first child and we all had dreamt of giving you a secured future . To assure that , we had to take this step."

Shivaay, who was still comprehending Tej's words got reminded of the allegations put on Harshvardhan Trivedi, his father in law's name.
" How did pa...., Mr. Harshwardhan Trivedi end up there? Why did the allegations come on..on him?"
Shivaay asked, hoping against hope atleast what he was thinking in that matter won't be true.

" Harshwardhan saw us putting Kalyani mill on fire, we were just trying to stop him from complaining, we didn't want to kill him..shi.."

" You killed Annika's father"
Shivaay shouted in a tone which no one had heard yet. His scream had a mixture of anger and pain which scared everyone around him.

" Annika's father"pinky questioned
" But you said Annika's father only had the same name, he wasn't the foreman of our industry"

" I think I am not answerable to anyone here"
Shivaay said in a stoic voice.
" I will call the police here before I have the urge to destroy everything here, you all and myself too"

As the police started taking the oberois away, shivaay looked on the other side to see Annika standing there still like a statue, shivaay immediately rushed to her side , with his own heart heating fast.
From when was she standing there?
Did she hear everything?
If she did , he should have been with her in that moment, supporting her .
Guilt increased in his heart as the speed of his steps increased.

He forwarded his arms, wanting to engulf her into a hug . Just before he could do that , Annika pushed him away.
" Just stay away from me" Annika said with fire spitting from her eyes.

" Annika please just let me take you into my arms for once, after that I will do whatever you say"
Shivaay said as tears started to fall from his ocean blue eyes. He again came towards annika only to be pushed back again.
A push so strong that this time he landed straight on the ground with his head hitting the edge of the table. His forehead started to bleed but he cared less.

He got up with great difficulty and saw Annika standing there with her eyes closed. He put his trembling hand on her shoulder. As soon as Annika felt his touch, she pulled him fiercely and dragged him straight to the wall. With a thud she pinned him against the wall, holding both his hands on either side of his head.

She dug her nails deep into his skin and continued to tighten her hold.
" Can't you understand in once what I said. Stay away means stay away! "
Annika screamed .

Her pain was transferring into aggression and it was eating her up. She could destroy everything and anything, Including him . Especially when the man standing in front of him right Now was not the love of her life but the cause of all her sufferings.
She let go of him, enclosed her fist, digging nails right into her skin, trying to eat up her emotions. Whatever it be , he is the man she lost her heart to. She tried to relax her breathes when she heard him speak.

" I just want to be with you in this moment of pain"
That was it, she lost it there .
It wasn't a moment of pain, if was a summation of her lifetime of pain coming out in this moment .

She grabbed him close, holding him tightly from his back.
" I have no wish to be accompanied in pain by the person who gifted a lifetime of struggles to me"
Annika said while clenching her jaw.
" My childhood was snatched so that your childhood could be luxurious. My life was shattered to build your castle of dreams and you want me to let you be a part of my pain? "
She said as she set him free and started to
leave.

" Annika, do whatever you want, scream at me , punish me , kill me but please don't go away. "

Annika immediately grabbed a glass jug in her hand and threw it towards him. Shivaay didn't  make any efforts to protect himself, he just stood there accepting whatever she gives. The glass hit the wall and shattered into pieces, just like them and their relationship did. Some pieces pierced shivaay on his shoulder and hands, like the memories of their broken relationship would always pierce his heart.

Annika looked at him and had a sudden urge of pulling him into a hug, protecting him from every challenge life throws at him. Those blue orbs filled with tears hurt her more in that moment than the biggest truth of her life which she just discovered. It shouldn't be that way, she wasn't supposed to feel that way. Annika pulled her own hairs and let out a scream with tears finally escaping her eyes. She didn't trust her heart, with shivaay in front of her eyes, she would forgive him , feel for him And may be fall for even all over again, even deeper than before. She knew her man had the capability to do that. She couldn't afford it. She couldn't be unjust to her father. She couldn't be unjust to herself.

" I won't kill you, nor would you do that to yourself. Your biggest punishment is this loneliness. "
Saying this Annika walked far away. Shivaay didn't have the heart to stop her this time. He always wanted his Annika to be a little selfish, he wanted her to put herself beyond others for a moment . Now when she was doing that, he couldn't stop her.
Darkness engulfed the mansion and his life, as his moon left him .
She burnt him and now only he was left as ashes.

Shivaay bit a sob as he saw those memories in front of his eyes again. In another moment he smiled accepting the loneliness of his life. He was ready to take whatever Annika gave. He just wished Annika's happiness, even if that was away from him.
He wished she could experience love again, this time without any hardships and complications. Just pure, serene love.
She could become someone else's but he would always be hers.