✎𝚂𝚝𝚞𝚍𝚢

mcm throwback! <3
art by @marshedmellowed on twitter

Prompt: (Let's imagine Zak is still in school) Zak needs serious help with studying and lucky for him, he has a good friend to help. But, they seem to get a bit distracted.
——————

Just before Darryl was about to sleep, Zak calls him:

Darryl's POV
"..mm what do you want Ske- Zak?"

"I kind of need your help."

"What? What did you do?" My heart almost drops thinking he might've ruined my server, or worse.

"I need help with studying.."

"Wait what?"

"I know you're a couple years older than me so you can teach me this stupid math stuff. "

"Uhm- I guess..?"

"Then cOme to my house tomorrow. I'll text you the details!"

"Oh uh.. okay."

"Alright. See yaaaaa~" He says before hanging up.

"G'night."

Zak's POV
It was now the next day. I had asked Darryl to help me with some studying. I really needed his help since there was a test coming up and I barely got the basics down. Now, he was on his way to my house. He's been here before and he doesn't live that far, so it was pretty quick and I probably only waited a few minutes until he came.

I opened the doors when he rang the door bell. I welcomed him in and I gestured him to sit on the couch, which he did.

"Wait here." I spoke.

Darryl's POV
He had told me to wait on the couch, so I did. After around 5 minutes, he finally came out of his room, with a stack of books which he had to use both of his hands for and plopped it on the table in front of me.

"Brain." He suddenly said.

"What?"

"I have to put all of this into my brain." He stated, and sat next to me on the couch, "Help." He made eye contact with me, he looked like a lost puppy asking for food.

"I'll try." I smirked at him.

I started teaching it; Surprisingly, all my old memories of it flooded back and I knew what I was doing.

Zak's POV
He started teaching it to me, pretty well too. For the first hour, I was totally focused and I was paying attention to what he was saying, but I started to get bored.

"Hey, pay attention." He firmly spoke as he saw me look at him instead of where he was pointing.

"S-sotp." He stuttered.

"Why?"

"You're here to study."

"Yeah, but you're cute to look at." I stated. He seemed a bit flustered and I saw a small blush appear.

"Uhm, let's take a break." He stood up.

"Yes please."

We were now eating together. I made us some instant noodles. I tried not to look too much at him and paid attention to my food.

"Zak, what did you mean by I'm cute to look at?"

"What I said. You're cute to look at." I replied and continued slurping my noodles. After a while, I looked back at him noticing how he didn't respond. He was blushing again. I reached out and pinched his cheeks.

"OwW! That hurts!" He jumped and slapped my hands off. I giggled at his reaction. Then, we were back to studying.

Darryl's POV
I started teaching him some more math. He was pretty good, to the point where he would finish my sentences. Soon, it was time for me to leave. I had to edit my video too, so I wanted to get home faster.

We were at the front door and we were having a small conversation.

"Thanks for the help." Zak spoke, "You're literally a life-saver."

"Aww thanks. That means a lot." I smiled.

He then hugged me suddenly. The hug was surprisingly warm and felt sweet. I returned the hug quickly. Right after, we pulled away. But, for some reason, he kept standing there. It was like he was waiting for someth-

He cut off my thoughts and suddenly kissed me on the lips. His lips were really soft against mine. However, it wasn't long and he pulled away rapidly. He looked at me for a split second before looking away and mumbled, "s-sorry."

Zak's POV
Why did I do that?? That was so impulsive. I thought to myself and was about to run away after apologizing but he grabbed me by the wrist.

"Don't- run, you muffin."

He quickly puts one hand on my waist and pulls me in closer and the other still holding my hand.

He was a few inches away when he whispered,
"Take responsibility for your actions."

Then, he kissed me, it lasted a few seconds. But, it was more deep and more, romantic, you could say.

We pulled away, but we were still close.
He looked at me,

"I like you idot."

——————
a/n: lol I did most of it at like 2 am yesterday so, don't stick ur gum on my shoe :l

any requests? 📝

any fanart? 🖼

Vote if you liked it ! ☆ → ★
Have a nice life.
——