Shared Lives

A/N: I'm sorry this is a little later than I usually update. But the first one I wrote got erased because my laptop crashed. :( Thank you to leon7272, ChancelynFlores, smorf1 and bree_murph for the wonderful comments! (even though that last chapter had a lot of editing problems D: ) Love you, guys!! <3
Also, this is a PG-13 up chapter again, and I can't delineate where it starts and ends, so... :P

"Fucking asshole." The curse slid from Alison's lips with venom and she advanced towards the guy who had unwittingly propositioned Emily to share Alison and when Emily obviously refused, called her a lesbian bitch. She was halfway there when she felt her girlfriend's hand on her arm stopping her progress.

"Ali, don't make a scene."

Alison rounded on her, eyes flashing angrily. "I'm not tolerating any kind of bullshit directed at you, Emily. I lived two years doing that from the sidelines," she continued on a harsh whisper, "but I'm not going to twiddle my thumbs anymore." She shook Emily off, and they way she was advancing had the guy taking a few steps back, afraid of a girl who was probably a full head shorter than he was.

Emily admittedly found Alison extremely hot when she was being protective of her, but the guy was starting to cower and Emily thought he didn't deserve the full on Alison wrath when all he did was call her a lesbian, which she was, and Emily had no problem with anyone knowing that she was anyway. Then again he did call her a bitch.

But Emily didn't want Alison shedding blood that day, so she stopped her progress again. "Babe," Emily tried to to placate her, hand sliding from her arm to around her shoulders. She felt the almost reflexive reaction of her touch to Alison's muscles, and knew she was getting through. "Come on."

"Yeah, that's right, rein your fucking whore in."

It wasn't even a second later when the guy was suddenly sprawled on the ground, hand on his bleeding nose.

"Emily!" Alison was now the one who was holding on to Emily's arm, because she looked like she wanted to keep pounding on the guy. Alison didn't even notice the guy scamper away as her hand on Emily's arm slid to just below Emily's jaw. When Alison spoke next, her voice was quiet, consoling. "Hey."

Emily finally looked at her from watching the guy's retreating back, scowl still in place, and her shoulders rigid from the tension of hearing someone call Alison names. No one had ever dared call Alison anything except for her name. Everyone had always either respected her or were terrified of her that Emily had never had the need to protect her. It was a shock to her system how fast she'd reacted, but it was no surprise to her that she reacted the way she did. She had always been protective. Alison just hadn't been someone anyone actually protected. And look where that got her, Emily thought as her eyes finally focused on her girlfriend.

Alison's eyes were still a little worried, still a little shocked at what had happened, and they were dark with something Emily had really only seen when they were in her room in bed. It made Emily's ragged breath hitch, before she felt Alison's lips on the corner of hers, knowing if they kissed now, in public, they'd never stop.

Alison's hand shifted to Emily's hand and tugged. "Come on, let's go home."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"We're going to hear Hanna complain all of Monday because we ditched them at the mall."

Alison looked up at Emily as Alison wrapped ice into a small towel, then went to her girlfriend who was nursing her hand. "If you didn't punch that guy, we wouldn't have had to go home."

"I said I was ok." Alison just rolled her eyes, reaching for Emily's hand and she pressed the ice pack gently to it. Emily let Alison fuss over her. "You can't even blame me. You were going to rip that guy a new one if i didn't stop you."