Plans Thwarted

A/N: PG-13 warning. Or higher? :D Read on, loves! <3

The next two months was spent settling into a new kind of routine for Emily and Alison. It was also spent trying to coordinate with the police, finally. The five friends decided that telling the police everything was going to be a good idea, but Alison was still wary about it. If -A wasn't caught, she was the one who would look the worst out of the five of them. Starting from that incident with Jenna.

She'd finally revealed that even that was part of -A's plans, and she had all the notes and text messages from years ago to prove it. The evidence checked out, but if they weren't able to find -A, it would just seem like Alison had been sending fake messages to herself as part of an elaborate lie to ruin people's lives. It would also make her look like a sociopath, which was consistent with how Alison was when she was younger. She was a bully, and she constantly put people down. She still had a psych eval to worry about, which was going to be a part of the whole case that was being put together. The legalities of everything was the one that would take years to resolve, but little by little, the stories were starting to make sense for the girls.

Alison had just come from another bout of questions with the police and she was exhausted when she arrived home on morning. They'd been getting death threats from -A for two months, and the fact that they have had to save Aria and Hanna from two separate events before the police arrived was proof that -A wasn't kidding about the threats. Hanna was actually still at the hospital and Emily and Alison were supposed to visit her.

Alison plopped down on Emily's bed, eyes already closing from the mental exhaustion of trying to recall information from two years ago. So far, the biggest case they had against -A without all the physical evidence was cybercrime.

Emily arrived a few minutes later, curling up in the bed beside Alison.

"How was-"

"Sssshhh," Alison placed a finger on her lips to emphasize her need for quiet.

Emily studied her girlfriend worriedly. They'd barely had any time to themselves the past month because of all the police sessions they had to go to. And there was the fact that they've all been assigned a cop to follow them around for protection. After the incident with Aria a few weeks back, the police finally believed the text threats from -A. Hanna's situation was just a lapse in judgment from the blonde. She had been drunk one night from a fight with Caleb, and she was the easiest target. It was impulsive on -A's side, or so the police thought. The girls didn't think -A did anything that wasn't planned. He or she probably just waited for the opportune moment to strike.

She watched Alison for a few more minutes before deciding that they had a time before they had to visit Hanna. Emily shifted so she could place a light kiss on Alison's shoulder, and that one kiss already made the blonde visibly relax. Alison hummed, and Emily took that as an encouragement to continue.

Emily inched upward, keeping her kisses light, her hand that she'd placed on Alison's middle sliding downward to fiddle with hem of the shirt she'd picked that day. Emily's shirt, Emily noted with a smile, which was probably why rumors were going around at school about them sleeping together when they really haven't. Yet.

Emily's lips touched skin, the one closest to the edge of Alison's collar, at the same time that her thumb brushed lightly on Alison's skin. Her girlfriend's breath hitched, and she could feel her quiver beneath her.

"Em..."

Emily continued kissing from her collar bone upwards to the side of her neck, settling on a spot just below her ear. Her hand wasn't idle as it slid upwards slowly, fingers barely grazing Alison's stomach, feeling the muscles there tremble at her touch.