Chapter 7

Sooo, a lot of you are actually getting pretty close to what actually happened, but nobody has completely guessed it yet. I know the story is pretty predictable, but there’s little plot twists where you’re gonna be like O_o. So hang in there, alright?

           “Ericka! If you won’t touch the frog, how are we supposed to dissect it?” Derrick asked me in an amused voice.

           “I don’t know! You do the whole thing! I’ll just watch and take notes.” I said, inching away from the table.

           “No, babe.” He said. Derrick hasn’t called me a bitch for the past two months. Instead, he’s replaced it with babe. The past two months have probably been the best 8 weeks of my life.

I’ve been hanging out with Zack on a regular basis, and Derrick and I haven’t gotten in one fight. Well, only one. But that was when I brought up Zack, so we don’t talk about him anymore.

“It doesn’t work like that! Come here, the frog won’t hurt you.” He said, picking the frog up off of the tray and walking towards me. 

           “Derrick Ames don’t you dare come near me with that!” I said, turning around to run.

           “No!” He yelled, dropping the frog back on the tray and lunging for me. “You have to do it!” He grabbed my arms and pulled me back.

           “Oh my god! You have frog juice on your hands and you’re touching me!” I yelled, pushing him off.

           “Frog juice?” He asked, raising an eyebrow.

           “Yes, and now I have it all over me. Thank you, for making this day spectacular for me.” I said, shooting him a dirty look.

           “I know what will make you feel better.” He said suggestively before winking. Before I could open my mouth to make a smart remark, our teacher called out to us. 

           “Miss Waters and Mr. Ames, please save your flirting for after class.” He said, making my cheeks immediately turn red. Our whole class busted into laughter and I turned to Derrick.

“Damn, called out by a teacher. Are we that obvious?” Derrick asked, scratching the back of his head and flashing me a grin. I rolled my eyes and slapped his arm.

“Shut up. Just cut open the freaking frog.” I said moodily.

“Are you two together?” A girl asked from a few seats up.

“No.” I said quickly.

“Is that so?” She asked, turning her smile over to Derrick. “I’m Katherine.”

“What Ericka meant to say is that we aren’t together yet.” Derrick said, turning his back on the girl and starting on our assignment. I gaped at him.

Did he just turn a girl down? He didn’t even give her a second glance! Very un-Derrick like.

“What’s wrong with you?” I asked once Katherine had turned away. 

           “What do you mean?” He asked.

           “A girl just tried to hit on you, and you totally ignored her. Are you sick?” I asked, dramatically feeling his head. He swatted my hand away and gave me a hard look.

           “Don’t be stupid. I only have eyes for one girl.” He said smoothly.

           My eyes bulged and my jaw dropping. “You actually like somebody? As in not a booty call?” I asked him. He nodded slowly and bit his lip in a really adorable way. I shook the thought from my head and pressed on. “Who is it?”