28

Ciara Mendes

                        "I forgive them Eve, well more so of letting what happen go." The model pause putting on her false lashes to look at me.

I lay on my bed talking to my best friend on a video call as she did her makeup for some kind of function she was attending.

"What are you talking about?" We were previously talking about our halcyon days  when I decided to drop the bomb on her. I wasn't sure what she would say which cause apprehension and hesitation on my part.

"Fisher and Bridget." I must admit that I was hesitating about making this decision. Bridget wasn't the best big sister. She stole my fiancé for gods sake but still thinking back I couldn't imagine a happy life with Fisher, he was just too different, too controlling and there was no— love. I'm sure of it now; both on his and my side.

"Are you serious?" I nod and she surprisingly grin. "You know what this means right?"

She didn't wait for me to answer. "You can finally move on with your life, you have laid those bitches to rest hon and now that you did you can finally have the tranquility you deserve."

I smile at her. "Now that you've mention it I do feel a bit more calm."

"I've been telling you Ciara, now you can move on with your life and the Universe works wonders because you have already been awarded."

"Awarded?" I ask the woman who had already gone back to doing her makeup.

"Yes. It's been a couple days and you've mentioned Giovanni for what felt like a thousand times in the past thirty minutes. Which simply means that you like him." She sings the last part.

"I'm scared Eve, I felt like we moved too fast."

"Fast is good Ciara it doesn't make you over think things. Think of it like this; if you were still moving at snail pace you'd probably lose your chances with him are perhaps he'd still be there waiting patiently until you moved at his speed. You already crossed one bridge and he's still interested which means he's not with you just for the sex, and a guy like that is so damn hard to find nowadays."

"Just go with the flow, and if you're still having doubts—" She pout. "This was suppose to be a surprise but I'll be back in L.A for a couple of days! I'll talk to him, find out what his intentions are with my best friend."

I was excited to see her again. "What would I ever do without you."

She sprayed setting spray over her face before looking at me on her tablet screen. "Oh honey you know the answer to that. You'd live in miserly and confusion for the rest of your life."

I playfully roll my eyes at her; deep very deep down knowing that she was probably right. 

Giovanni Haynes

                          "My name is Luca, how do you know my daddy?"

I stare at the little boy who sat in the hospital chair, kicking his feet back and forth as his blue eyes stare at me with curiosity. His nanny brought him here to visit his father, even though Stefano was dying and strung up to machines it was only right to see his family before he dies. I couldn't fight the tears that threaten to fall, though I had to at least try for the sake of the little guy in front of me. Jasmine wasn't the best mother, Stefano had been the only stable parent he had and now he was dying.

During my time catching up with Stefano he mention that instead of going to court, him and Jasmine decided to have shared custody of Luca but Jasmine would not pick him up when it was her turn and when she did, she would return sooner than the time she was given to keep him. He also said she didn't even remember his last two birthdays. Poor kid didn't deserve a shitty mother like that bitch.