Chapter 26

~Time skip a couple of days~

A lot had happened in the last couple of days but Kakashi felt strangely calm. Maybe it had to do with the fact that Anko hadn't left him for more than a couple of minutes the last days, maybe it didn't. Perhaps, her behaviour appeared to be clingy and desperate to others, but for Kakashi it was like heaven. Her positive attitude and the fact that she always managed to make him smile, lifted his dark thoughts and chased his worries away.

It went even so far that one night Anko had even stayed over at the Uchiha clan compound, much to the displeasure of Fugaku and Orochimaru. But they hadn't cared about what either of the men thought and what rumours could arise because of that. They had spent the entire night in the arms of the other, sharing sweet kisses and enjoying the warmth of each other. It was one of the happiest times the time traveller had ever experienced.

Right now, they were walking through Konoha hand in hand, a slight red hue covering Anko's cheeks and a satisfied smirk playing around Kakashi's lips.

Many of the villagers watched them with incredulous gazes. It was more than an unusual sight to see the feared Silver Reaper hand in hand with a girl much less Orochimaru's crazy student. Most of them had at first thought that the rumour that the Kakashi Hatake went out with Orochimaru's student, Anko Mitarashi, was only that - a rumour made up by some bored, gossip addicted kunoichis. When the two had then walked through Konoha with their hands intertwined for the first time, quite a lot villagers had gotten a heart attack and thought they were imagining it.

There was one woman who had been totally ecstatic with the news, Mikoto Uchiha. The Uchiha had smothered them with hugs and kisses when she had witnessed, how Kakashi couldn't resist and had kissed Anko secretly on the cheeks whilst they were in the Uchiha clan head house. Obviously, it wasn't as secretly as he had thought.

They hadn't really planned on telling anyone, after all it wasn't any one's business, but Mikoto could be a very gossip loving woman when she wanted to. And boy was she happy to tell everyone in Konoha about the new couple.

Orochimaru had only arched an eyebrow as if asking if the news should have surprised him, when they had told him about them. Perhaps, they had forgotten in their newly found happiness, but he had been the one to push Kakashi to finally admit his feelings. But Kakashi hadn't forgotten and he probably never would. He owned the Sannin a lot, not that he would ever tell him that.

However, there were some people that didn't like the news.

Kushina was one of them.

When she had first heard those outrageous rumours, she had scoffed and moved on. There was no way that Kakashi would ever get as close to the little purple-haired witch as the rumours had said. He had even flinched away from her touch! Hers! But when she had heard them over and over again, she had had enough.

She had stormed over to the Uchiha compound and had almost broken the clan heads house door; she had knocked that strongly. When little Itachi had opened the door and politely let the furious Uzumaki in, only for him to tell her proudly that his brother was out with his girlfriend, she had lost all colour in her face. Luckily, neither Kakashi nor Anko had crossed her way yet.

Not to mention Rin.

The brunette had probably taken it the worst of all. Nobody had told her about the news, no, she had witnessed the sickly lovely act with her own eyes. And it made her sick.

She had worked on the ridiculous training regime Kakashi had given her and the others years ago, when she had heard laughter from another training ground and decided to check it out. She hadn't expected to see her Kakashi-kun playing around with that crazy kunoichi! When Anko had tripped and caused them both to fall onto each other and then to the ground and Kakashi had only laughed, she was furious. And when the silver-haired boy had even given her a loving kiss, something shattered inside her and her jealousy and fury knew no bounds. She should have been in Anko's place, it was rightfully hers! She would destroy whatever illusion they had and take what was hers! Neither of the two knew about the hateful thoughts that crossed Rin's mind.