00:08

a/n: female cast picture from top left is keira, middle top is orion, top right is jacque, bottom left is lauren, middle bottom is catherine, and bottom right is georgia! all the girls are done(;

UNEDITED

8.

"Orion!"

I woke up to the loud thud of my body hitting the hardwood floor of my bedroom, the blankets clumsily wrapped around my body like a cocoon and my hair strewn across my face.

I untangled myself and almost ran into my doors as I rushed to get out of my room and downstairs, for no apparent reason.

"Finally, you're up. Someone's at the door for you." My mother said before walking out of the kitchen and into the living room where I could hear my sister's playing music.

"Who the hell would be at the door on a Tuesday morning?" We didn't have school today, thank God, for some holiday or superintendent day. I was just glad we had off.

I swung the door open to reveal Lauren, Catherine, and Jacque, and two people behind them. "Orion, why do you look like you just woke up?"

"Uh."

Catherine rolled her eyes and pushed her way into my house. "We need you to go put some clothes on and look presentable for our new friends."

I glanced back at the people behind her. A sporty girl with dark hair and light brown eyes, and a boy next to her with a matching complexion, his lips curled up into an amused grin, as he looked me up and down.

That's when I realized I was only in a sports bra and short shorts, and I immediately felt my cheeks flush red as I rolled my lips into my mouth and nodded at Catherine, rushing back downstairs to my room so I could put leggings and a field hockey shirt on.

I brushed my hair hastily and threw it up into a messy ponytail, rushing back up to the living room where my mom was. "Hey, I totally forgot, Lauren invited me to her house today to watch movies, can I go?"

She raised an eyebrow. "Is that who was at the door? I only saw Catherine."

"Yeah, Lauren was there. Can I go?"

"Yes," my mother sighed, slightly agitated.

"Bye girls!" I yelled to my little sisters. "Okay, let's go," I said to my friends as I closed the door behind me.

"I'm Finn." The boy said, sticking his hand out to me to shake.

I raised an eyebrow looking at it, before grabbing it and shaking it back, "Orion."

"I'm Georgia, his sister," the girl next to him said, holding out her hand as well.

"Step sister," Finn corrected, looking at her with a little glare.

She rolled her eyes, "Whatever, Finn."

"How do you know these guys?" I asked Finn, motioning to Lauren, Jacque and Catherine.

Finn shot me a lazy smile, "We know Jacque's family."

I made an "ooh" sound as we neared Lauren's car. "Are you going to our school, then?"

"Stop flirting with my brother," Georgia snapped. I couldn't tell if she was joking, and when Lauren coughed awkwardly and Jacque's eyebrows shot up, I almost snorted in disbelief.

"That wasn't what was happening just then, it's called 'being friendly'."

"I'm supposed to believe that?" She asked, while Finn and the others watched us bicker on my driveway.