21. Hate

I feel like I'm suffocating. My body spasms with every sob and my throat hurts from trying my best to hold it in. I don't know how long I stay on the floor just bawling my eyes out, but it's at least long enough for Namjoon to get back from school since he only had one class in the morning. He immediately spots me when he walks through the door and stops to stare at me. 

"Are you... crying?" he asks and tries to get a good look at my face when I wipe the tears away. 

"No... I just got something in my eye," I answer with a sniffle. 

"That's exactly what someone who's been crying would say. Is something wrong?" he asks and sits down next to me on the floor.

"No. Or yes? I dunno..."

"That's a very ambiguous answer. Surely there must be a reason why you're skipping school just to sit here all balled up in the hallway while still wearing your pajamas?"

Oh, right. I'm missing school. I didn't even think about that. 

"Yes, but I don't know if I should tell you," I say with a sigh. "You might react badly too."

"So in other words you're sitting here because someone's mad at you?"

I look at him in shock. I knew he was perceptive, but damn. I barely gave him any information and he came to that conclusion right away. 

"I'll take your reaction as a yes," he says with a comforting smile. "Who is it? Seokjin-hyung?"

"How did you...?" I say and he chuckles a little. 

"Just a hunch. We were supposed to have a class together today, but he didn't show up. Also you two seem to have something going on recently, and I doubt fighting with anyone else would make you this upset."

I glance up at the door to Seokjin and Yoongi's bedroom, and come to think of it he hasn't left since we talked earlier. Oh no, what if he's been listening to me the entire time and felt pressured to go outside when I'm here? Holy fuck, he must think I'm pathetic garbage to be crying this long for the mistakes I've made all on my own. 

"He's still in his bedroom," I say and get up on wobbly legs. "He missed school because I've been sitting here crying."

"You also missed school because you've been sitting here crying. Let's go to the living room and talk, OK? I think you need to get this off your chest."

He leads me through the hallway and sits me down on the couch. I feel completely drained. I don't think there are any tears left in my body. 

"So why is he mad at you?" Namjoon asks right away. He's really not kicking around the bush. 

I can't tell him the real reason though. I'll have to modify it a bit.

"It's the picture," I say quietly while staring down at my hands. 

"What picture?"

"The one you found by my bed."

"Ah, you mean the one where he's... Hmm... I see. But why is he mad over that now? That was weeks ago."

"Yes, but the picture is only part of the reason. There was a whole mess this morning where I accidentally got some bodily fluids on Taehyung-hyung after I'd found Seokjin-hyung's underwear in the laundry. I know how bad that sounds, but I can't tell you the full story, just know that I'm not the pervert everyone thinks I am. Either way Seokjin-hyung found out and he figured I'd been using the picture and his underwear for my own desires and I guess that was the final straw for him. I tried to explain that it was all a misunderstanding, but he wouldn't listen to me."