3. Run For Your Life

It's funny how music works.

Earlier that day we saw each other for the first time and now we share a shopping basket at the market.

That escalated really quickly.

We were passing along another lane. Roger was using my phone to... I didn't really know. He said that he need internet for shopping and his phone doesn't have this, that and many other things so he took mine. I haven't agreed, he just ripped it out of my pocket when I wasn't looking. But I let it be. Ha couldn't do much if he didn't know the password.
"Bri?" Roger called. We were walking arm to arm but I was looking down.
"Hmm?" I looked up at him and was met by my phone right in front of my face. In a second the lock screen changed to the home screen. "Noooo!" I reached my hand but grasped the air. Roger ran away laughing mischievously. I stood still in place. What would it look like? Two teenage boys running around in the shop? Zero culture.
Instead, I watched him moving further and further away, occasionally bumping into random people. One side of me was angry at him for stealing my phone meanwhile the other side couldn't take eyes off of him. I felt something strange deep inside. It was similar to what I felt for Lucas a long time ago, but at the same time so different.

Heavy sigh escaped my lungs. Roger disappeared from my sight. I guess it's time to chase him. I peacefully stepped forward to another lane, turned my head right and left. Nope, no sign of blondie. I continued this until I reached the hygienic section. I hid behind the edge of shelves and observed.

The girl in yellow trousers and a white crop top with yellow stripes was facing the shelves full of pads, tampons and things I don't know what they're called. She shifted her feet covered by yellow Converses nervously. She had long, straight, brown hair tied up in the pony tail. Really pretty girl, I have to tell you.
"Amy?" Roger hid my phone in his hoodie pocket and smiled to her cautiously. She turned her gaze to him. Fear appeared on her already a little startled, in a bad way, face. The poor girl looked like she wanted to sank into the ground. "Amy, it's okay. You can talk to me. Is this your first-"
"Yeah." Amy looked down.
"Oh sweetie." Roger wrapped his arms around her small body and squeezed so hard her eyes went wide open "It's alright. Do you want me to help you with something?" he broke the hug and looked at Amy with a pure will to help.
"I... I don't know what should I b-buy, but you are a boy so..."
"No problem." the blond turned to the shelve and looked over it quickly. He grabbed a pink pack of pads and showed them to Amy. "My sister uses them. She's a bit younger than you, but she says they're great. And..." he took a small blue box of tampons from the shelf "You might want to use these when we get to the beach."
"Woah Ro-"
"Next thing: I'm warning you about sneezing. Every sneez is going to be horrible, remember. Second: tell the girls from your dorm about the period. They're going to help you plus, they surely know much more than me. You know about the belly aches?"
"Yeah I-"
"Good. A normal painkiller should work, but there are also these special ones for the period cramps. It depends on you which will you choose. Well you can also don't have any cramps and ache. Every girl goes through it differently." blue eyed- I'd say angel, but I won't say that, sighed and smiled at her this time more warm and confident. "Come with me."

They strolled further and further in my direction. I tried to keep my hands and eyes occupied with wathever I could just so it wouldn't look like I was standing there listening to their conversation. I felt Roger's and Amy's eyes on me. Just a second and they'll-
"Hey, Brian!" the blond beamed. Amy was standing behind him. She seemed as shy as me in the group of people. "You're buying a... a pregnancy test?" he took one of the narrow long boxes. He squinted his eyes and looked at all the captions closer. "Yup, a pregnancy test." Roger shot me a worried glance. "Brian, mate, you can talk to me if anything is wrong." he laid one hand on my arm and patted.
"Oh, that's nothing important. I was just curious of how it... works! Yeah, how it works. So I thought that I could read about that. It's very..." I cleared my throat. "...very interesting."
"Um... okay?" Roger put the test back on the shelve. He looked behind at Amy, mouthed something to her and she just shrugged her arms. "Anyway, buy this for me, would you?" he threw all the period related items to mine... our basket. "I'll give you money and you will pay for me, is that good?"
"A... yeah."