chapter 17

The light of the little TVs lit up each of the girl’s rooms, and the teens inside watched them intently. There was a nervous energy as they waited for the screen to reveal if they were lucky this week or not. The TV finally switched to a picture of an empty room. “That’s my room.” Jonas said under his breath, not sure if he should be relieved yet or not. Suddenly, a voice “Congratulations contestants! You picked correctly and you are all safe. Have a lucky week.” and with that the screen flipped off again, and they could all sleep soundly.*******************************************************************************************************The next morning, all the teens woke up with smiles on their faces, except for Elara who was still completely oblivious to last nights events. “Did anyone die?” Elara asked bluntly as she sat up in her bed, rubbing her eyes. Dagan gave her an incredulous look and said, “No. Nobody died. Not that you care.” Dagan muttered the last part to himself, as he finished pulling on his shoes. Then he got up and left Elara’s room, relieved that he could finally get out of there. Elara rolled her eyes and laid back down in bed.      Dagan walked out into the hallway to find Drew and Harvey laughing and talking together, but soon noticed him. “Hey! Guess who lived another day!” Harvey said smiling, putting his arms out for a hug. Dagan hugged him as he replied, “I know, man. I couldn't be happier. I love you bro and I don’t care who knows it!!” Dagan joked and the three boys laughed as Dagan then embraced Drew as well. Jonas and Julie walked out of her room a moment later and joined the group in their rejoicing. “Drew!” Julie said immediately, running to give him a hug. They hugged for a few moments and Julie gave him a kiss on the cheek. “I’m so glad you’re safe!” she said. “Me too.” he replied. “And might I add, you look lovely today.” “Thank you very much, sir. You’re not looking too bad yourself.” Julie replied. As they continued to joke and flirt with each other, Tailynn and Collin walked out of her room holding hands, and they immediately walked over to Julie and Drew. “I’m so relieved that you guys are safe!” Tailynn said, letting go of Collin’s hand to give Drew and Harvey a hug. “So am I.” They replied.      “Congratulations boys and girls!” Ms. Kall said as she walked down the hallway toward the teens. They all turned to look at her, still will big grins on their faces. “You got lucky in making the right decision! So it looks like you are going to have a nice, relaxing week this week. And you are going to have an even better morning! The chef has prepared something special that will suit each of your tastes. Come come!” Ms. Kall turned around, and walked back down the hallway towards the dining room, and the teens followed closely behind, happier than ever.