Chapter 13: 'Blissful escape'

Something was not right. The house was quiet. Alison said she would be home.

I was quiet. The door was not locked. My senses were all alert.

I walked softly through the house. There were no pots and pans on the stove, no food in the microwave and no sign of any activity in the kitchen. Alison was supposed to cook dinner tonight. I was worried now. I stealthily walked out the kitchen and down the corridor. I smelt the faint smell of something burning. It was coming from the room.

I ran fast calling out Alison's name. I got to the entrance of the door and what I saw made me freeze in shock. I stood there with wide eyes, a rapid beating heart and gasping for breath. Alison was lying on a rose petal covered bed surrounded by lit candles.

She was wearing pink lace lingerie. She looked at me longingly and silently held her hands out to me.

I did not need a second invitation. I moved towards her and took her in my arms kissing her hard and passionately. I was in love. Once again the life I knew melted away around me. When I was Alison I was Kyle and not the angel. When I was with her she was the angel that saved me. She made me believe that I could lead a normal life. After I dealt with dear old dad I would take her away from here and we will live a normal life together, happy and free from chaos.

'If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go?'

I turned over to look at Alison lying next to me. She smiled and turned onto her back and looked up at the ceiling. She replied, 'hmm, how about Paris? I've been told it's one of the most beautiful places on earth.'

I laughed, unfortunately we couldn't go to Paris. I looked at her sheepishly and said, 'sorry Paris is not good for me. I'm not sure if you remember but it was on the news, the French minister of defense died of a massive heart attack?'

Alison nodded with a confused look on her face that after two seconds changed to shock. I nodded and continued, 'yes that was me, and I truly was doing France a favour, although they didn't see it that way. Defense minister Roche was an overweight, disgusting pig of a man who didn't deserve to live.' Alison turned away from me.

I sighed, I don't think she will ever come to terms with me being a killer.

I touched her arm and said softly, 'we could go to Africa. It is one of the only places in the world that I'm not a wanted man. Also I've always wanted to go there. Go for a safari ride in the wild, untamed wilderness. A place where there's no lies, no deceptions and nobody telling anybody else to do something. It's all just nature being what God intended it to be. Lions can be lions and antelope can be antelope. There aren't any lions pretending to be antelope and no antelope pretending to be lions.'

Alison turned around and looked at me with tears in her eyes. She smiled lovingly at me. I ran my right hand through her hair and continued, 'we could live free of obligations, free of rules and corruption and turmoil. I want to start a new life, a life where I can be who I want to be and do what I want to do. I want this life and I want you to join me.

You and me free from this world making a life worth living far away from here. Say you'll come with me, say that you will leave everything behind and join me and I promise I will never kill again and I will devote the rest of my life to loving you.'

She looked at me and I could feel that my life was going to change drastically.

I could almost taste the freedom. Alison pulled me towards her and kissed me.

I kissed her back and then pushed her onto her back and climbed ontop of her.

She giggled as I looked down upon her. I was taking all of her in, noticing things that made her so unbelievably beautiful. The way she smiled, the way she blushed so much and giggled. Her eyes that seemed to sparkle and illuminate in the light. The way her whole fae lit up with happiness. The way she bit her lip, looked up at me and whispered, 'I love you'. I smiled and kissed her full of intense passion.

I had one more job to do for the gentleman. One more and then he would give me father. After I had dealt with father I will take Alison and escape to Africa where I would spend the rest of my days in her embrace. Maybe mother was wrong. This love I shared with Alison was no illusion and it wasn't binging pain. All I felt was bliss and ecstacy.

Alison giggled more and sighed in pleasure as my hands explored her body. She was going to be late for work.