Chapter 20: 'I am the Wrath Of God'

I remembered the first time meeting the Gentleman. I remembered his voice and how alluring it was. How much it intrigued me and compelled me to obey.
How I sat disorientated, lost and confused but in absolute awe of this man.
The way he spoke, the way he moved, his confidence and commanding presence, it was different from what I had seen before. He taught me how to be in control. How to be confident and alert. It was because of him that I sat here calm and controlled
It was all about to happen. I am the wrath of God. My name is Za'aphiel.
I was going to save little boys and destroy a monster. I closed my eyes, took a deep breath and got up. With a smile I carefully assembled my Rifle.
Once carefully and clinically assembled I raised the gun and set it on the ledge.
I focused the scope and took aim. My whole plan depended on people making the choices I needed them to make. I had spent time watching and noticing everything and everyone. I had spent two weeks putting everything together.
It was longer than I wanted and I knew that every day that I left him alive the more he sinned and the more lives were ruined, but it had to be done right. I had not only spent the last two weeks planning but also calling in favors, recruiting, creating identities and building a future for my father and future members of the Whittake foundation.
I had set up the Whittake dream foundation and given Amy a new start in life.
I had been her angel, I had done it for Alison. My father was now in charge of the Whittake foundation and had men working for him. I had given him an entirely different identity. He was now Charles Jeffrey Whittaker, a recluse millionaire that wanted to give something back to the world. When I was gone he would help the lives of many and make a positive change in the world. It's what Alison would have wanted me to do and I'm very sure mother would have wanted it to. This way I was an angel without having to end lives. I smiled and looked through the scope of the gun. It was ironic because it was the Gentleman himself who had taught me the art of being a long-range precision sniper. Yurov had taught me combat, close-up kills and just about everything else but the Gentleman had taught me to kill from a distance. My lessons with him had been some of my most memorable moments training at the Firm. He showed you how to do something and he expected you to do it right the first time. I had strived to make him proud and put lots of time and effort into my shooting quickly becoming an expert marksman. Yurov taught me action, the Gentleman taught me patience. Now his teachings would aid in his undoing.

The Gentleman's car parked in the same parking it did every time he was here.
Even here the Gentleman was a man of habit and routine. Everything was done with meticulate precision. He stepped out of the car and looked around. He closed the car door and walked slowly and purposefully towards the entrance of Madam Kensais.
There was a large burly man standing at the entrance. He was armed with two 9mm that were hidden from sight underneath a large back coat. He was clean shaven and completely bald. He had a grim expression on his face, an expression that I hadn't yet seen change in all the time I had been doing surveillance.
He was but just one of the many gaurds that worked at Madame Kensais.
Madame Kensais was not an ordinary brothel where anyone of the street could enter, no matter how much money you had or who you were. You had to be referred by someone. You needed to be rich, discreet and trustworthy. There were rules but their rich clientele obeyed them because Madame Kensais was worth every penny. They truly did cater for every fantasy. The Gentleman stopped before the burly man and stood still with his arms stretched out. The man patted him down and once he was satisfied that The Gentleman carried no weapons or surveillance equipment of any kind he moved aside back to his post and let The Gentleman enter. My fingers itched in anticipation.
My finger touching the trigger ever so softly, but I had to wait.
I had to wait until he was in the building.

He walked slowly down the corridor. I couldn't see him but I knew where he was.
He walked the same path, at the same pace every time.
I counted down softly...four...three..two...one..there he was. He walked past the window. I positioned the gun. It was almost time. There was one more window just before the room that he was planning on entering. There was another guard standing at the door. I took in a deep breath and time slowed down.