17

Aryse
"We should start thinking about baby names." Lyra is sitting on my bed staring at her phone.
"Why now? We don't even know what it is."
"The baby is not an it, Aryse." She emphasizes the word baby. "Don't call the baby it."
"Okay...baby. We don't know the gender so why start with names?"
"Because I'm bored and it's going to come before you know it."
"It's. Though the baby wasn't an 'it'."
She rolls her eyes at me. "Shush. Now get over here and help me pick out baby names." I roll my eyes back at her and sit on the bed.

Lyra
Sitting here with Aryse feels normal. It's comforting to have him at my side again. I smile to myself when he sits down next me. His perfect face staring at me and that smirk of his.. I feel like it's the first day we met all over again. The butterflies and all.
"This is a good way to get closer to each other. I want to know names that inspire you, or make you happy."
Aryse smiles at me. "Lyra inspires me. She's so kind and caring and just so amazing in everything she does."
I smile and blush a little. " Aryse seriously."
"Okay, okay. What's your mother's name?" He looks at me with a curious look.
My smile drops. Mother.. I haven't thought about her since the accident.. When I was 11 my mother went off on a trip to LA to one of the biggest fashion shows in the world. She was in a bad accident on the way there..and she passed away immediately on impact.. I haven't thought about her in a long time and Aryse randomly asks what her name is..or was. "Her name was Saphera." I stare down at the bed.
"Was? Wait.. Saphera? She was your mother??" He puts his arm around me. "I'm sorry for asking, Lyra." I look up at him and I can see the sorrow in his eyes.
I put my arm around him. "It's okay." He smiles. "So..your mother?"
"Chloe Baylor was the best mother I could've ever had. She was always there for me. She was my first best friend." He looks at me with a sad look. "I've already told you what happened with her.. after that I never could bring myself to forgive her. And no we are not using my mother's name." He smirks at me. I slap his thigh playfully.
"How about Laci for a girl and Aryse for a boy." He looks at me with his unbearable blue eyes.
"Sounds good to me." He leans closer to me and puts his head on my shoulder. "This isn't how I pictured my future, but I'm perfectly okay with this. This..this is better than what I had in mind and I'll forever be grateful to have you in my life, Lyra Tate."
Hayden
I'm sitting on my bedroom floor thinking about what Addison said earlier. If Aryse asked you to be his again, would you? To be honest, I'm not sure. Aryse was my first love, my first best friend. He was always there for me when I needed him. But now he's with Lyra. A girl who he didn't even know existed until that day in the hallway, until my stupid sister decided to make a scene, until Aryse noticed her. My Aryse noticed the girl who kept to herself.
I pull my knees to my chest, put my head on my knees and close my eyes.
Why would he be so quick to be there for this girl? This girl who isn't even carrying his baby. A baby that shouldn't even be there.. a baby from an idiot.
What happened to the Aryse I know? The Aryse that kissed me and touched me.. the Aryse that loved me. The Aryse that comforted me when I needed him. My Aryse.. what happened to my Aryse..