2. I understand

"Chaahe jo tumhe poore dil se
Milta hai woh mushkil se
Aisa jo koi kahin hai
Bas wohi sabse haseen hai"
- Kal Ho Na Ho

(Someone who'll love you with all their heart
Is very hard to find
If there is someone like that somewhere
Then that person is the most beautiful) _________________________________________

Rage filled me as Ray showed me a video of Tina and Chase. I wasn't angry because Ray had stolen and hacked his brother's mobile, but because, this shameful woman who betrayed him was none other than my sister!

Oh, wait, I don't think I should call her that, since I don't even know where she is at the moment and it has been years since we even met. Not to mention, I know next to nothing about her. But I didn't know she would be such a loser, who can't even stand by the one she loved, or pretended to love. God knows. They look so happy in this video.
That idiot! Why would she be so foolish to let such happiness slip out of her hand? Does she think this is easy to get? If only I ever find her...

"Hey?" Clara nudged me, bringing me out of my thoughts.

"Ha?"

"That's her. Did you grasp her voice?"

Her voice. I already knew her voice. Voices of people was something I could easily remember, recognize and duplicate. That was my talent, after all. I was unusually good at it. At last, it comes to some use. Except for all the fun we had with it.

"I'm so sorry, Chase." I said in her voice, making Ray choke his drink as he looked at me wide eyed.

"Uhm... I have met her only a few times... But. YOU SOUND EXACTLY LIKE HER!" I had never imagined Ray could make such a surprised, awed kid-face. I smiled awkwardly, seeing the kid brother side of him.

I was just thankful that Clara had never met my sister and being one to forget names, it wasn't unusual that she did not even remember my sister's name is Tina. Well, it's not like I keep mentioning it to her either.

I kind of felt guilty. This family bond is such a shitty thing. Why am I supposed to feel guilty? I have nothing to do with this, except that I'm helping him. But I knew why I was feeling this. I was hiding my relation with that... so-called sister. I breathed out.

"Okay", Ray clapped, making himself comfortable on my couch as he started to tell me his plan, "Here's the plan. You just have to tell him that you got a job. Since that's what Chase thought she had been doing in the beginning, so let's just go with it. Then you apologize for not calling him. Oh, and also that you bought a new mobile, since you left the other one in some bus or taxi. Tell him the signal wasn't good at your previous place or something or that you were scared to..." "know how he was doing?", Clara filled in.

"Yes! Exactly.
The most important part- you convince him that you guys are good. That you still love him. And that you can't get an official leave just yet, since you just started work and we need the money? Does that sound okay?"

Within I could answer, he spoke again, "Whatever. Just convince him it's you... I mean, Tina, and that there's nothing wrong."

"Fantastic plan", I said sarcastically as his shoulder slumped in defeat and he playfully glared at me. I'm really beginning to look at him as a brother. I smiled. "Well, then. When are we starting?", I chirped.

"Now", Ray demanded, as I raised my brow. I was kind of nervous. When pranks go wrong, which it never had for me, it actually doesn't matter but this! Everything could go downhill if I make a mistake. I was not even this nervous when I had sat for my first interview.

I took a deep breath. Okay, Dear God, All the weights on you. Phew!

"Okay..." I dragged, as I sat up straight on my bed and took out my mobile. I froze for a few seconds, with it in my hand. I brought it to my forehead. Why is this so difficult?

Clara gave my arm an encouraging squeeze. I took a deep breath as I clicked on the number I had previously saved, remembering the small details from the video and just a few last texts they had shared. It started to ring as I bit my lip and squeezed my eyes shut.

"It's okay. It's going to be okay.", Ray chanted. Whether it was to cool himself down or for me, I have no idea.

"Hello?" Chase spoke.

Shit!
I should have checked my voice first. I looked at Ray who was just gesturing for me to go on and speak.

"Hi", I replied, finally.

"...Tina?"

I smiled widely. So did Clara and Ray. After exchanging happy glances and Ray yelling a silent YES!, I continued, "Hi, Chase."

"Oh My God. Baby! You-u called." He sounded so relieved. I'm so ashamed to call her my sister. I had never liked her but I hadn't disliked her either. She had been just a stranger but now, I couldn't help but dislike her.

"Ya. I did. Sorry I didn't call before."

"NO! No. It's completely okay... You're fine, right?", his voice held so much concern. I could see Ray's sad smile from the corner of my eyes.

"I'm fine, Chase. I... got a job."

"Oh! Oh, Thank God. I thought you hated me, baby."

"No. I don't hate you. I would never hate you, Chase."

Don't even ask me how guilty I'm feeling right now. I don't like this. I'm... We're playing with his emotions. His genuine emotions, but Ray had explained to me that Chase was in a vulnerable state right now. Job lost. Movement temporally limited. Savings gone. Stress on. He needed his girlfriend. His solace. His happiness. Else, there was a high chance he would fall into depression, the way he had started acting, is what Ray thinks. I can't completely disagree either. So, I'm telling myself to just do this right.

"Baby, I'm SO happy. You'll come meet me today, right?" He was so hopeful and so, I'm sorry Chase.

"About that. I'm sorry but I can't. For some time now."

"Oh" I'm sure he felt completely dejected.

"But. I'll keep calling you. Whenever I get time." That's sounds sad. "Every day?", I added as Clara's eyes widened and I bit my lip.

Chase chuckled though and that made Ray grin the widest grin I had ever seen or even imagined on him. Chase is so lucky to have him.

"Every day. Sounds perfect. Anyway, what is with the number?"

"I lost my mobile. Story for some other day. This is my new number though." Story for some other day? I don't think Tina would ever say it like that. I'm messing this up.

"You lost it?... Okay, I'll save this number... Baby, why can't you come home?"

"I just started my job, Chase. I can't ask for leave just yet and it's quite far from home. A little while, okay? We can't afford to lose this job." I was adding reasons but I knew it would make him feel guilty. Stupid me.

"I'm so sorry, love. It's all..." I cut him off.

"No, Chase. There's nothing you need to apologize for. I understand."
I understand. Would she ever, like EVER, say those words? If she did, she wouldn't mean them.

"Tina! I... Thank you, baby. I love you."

"I..." love you too. Just say it. But it feels like I'm totally playing him. Dammit. My emotions are everywhere. Why can't I just professionally handle this?

__________________________________________
Hohoho. Until next time ;)