7. I just have one more thing to do.

“Tere khaandhe se hi lag ke,
Yaara, beete umar saari
Socho kaisi hogi kismet,
Hua yu toh phir humari
Saare aasu toh ho tere,
Par aakhen ho hamari
- Hum Mar Jaayenge

(Mate, let my life be spent with your shoulder always beside me
Think how our destiny would be, if that happens
Though all the tears are yours
Let the eyes be mine)

_________________________________________

Tina, I could move my toes! They are saying I’ll be able to walk! I don’t even know what to do. Dammit. I'm ecstatic”, he almost yelled.

I laughed, “That’s… fantastic!”

I felt happy. Very happy, but I also wanted to cry. I bit my lower lip as I smiled widely. He won’t need me soon. It’ll all be over. But will he be happy without her?

Ya, babe. It is…”, he chuckled, “Now we’ll be able to live like we had planned. Everything will be okay. I will be able to give you everything I had promised, love. It may take a little longer but it’ll all happen. I promise, I’ll work hard. I’ll make it happen.

Tears pricked my eyes as I bit my lip harder. Don’t cry. Don’t you cry now.
Baby, you stayed with me throughout my hardest time. I swear I’ll give it my all to give you anything you wish for. I love you, baby. I love you so damn much.

“I love you, too.” ‘too’? I wanted to laugh at myself as my tears threatened to fall anytime soon, “I love you, Chase. A lot.”

I know baby. I know very well now. I know very well, how lucky I'm to have you in my life. All you have to do now is come back here. I know you have done everything to be with me, even from that far away. I swear I know. But I miss you, babe. You don’t even let me video call you. I want to see your face, baby. I miss your eyes, your smile, your touch, your everything. I miss you.

Tina’s everything. Tina’s. My part in your life is over, Chase. My part was only to take away your pain and I just have one more thing to do. Just one more thing, to end this.

“I’ll come, Chase. I will. Just give me some time, okay? This time, I swear, I won’t take long”, I promised.

I will wait, baby. Come soon.”

I chuckled, “Hmm. I will.”

I knew it was time to end the call. I had to go now. Now. But the fear that this maybe our last call made me ache for more.

He chuckled, “Get some sleep, baby. We can talk later. Sweet dreams, Sweetheart.” Sweetheart! That was new. Sweet. A tear slipped from my eyes.

“Bye, Chase.” Bye. He hung up. A few more tears slipped down my cheeks. I wiped them with the back of my hand and got up to get ready.

I decided what I had to do. I had to convince Tina to meet Chase. Now that he will soon be able to walk, she’ll have no problem going back. I hope.

I felt like a zombie. I did not realize when I reached here, until I saw her. A pathetic smile adorned my face as it walked towards her.

“Tina”, I called, reminding myself to stay strong.

She turned and as soon as she saw me, she gave a stern look, “Diana”, she acknowledged disgustingly. I had never known why she hated me but who cares? Especially since I had never liked her enough to care.

“I have to speak to you.”

“Look, I don’t have time. Nor do I have money”, she replied dismissively.

I laughed out loud at that. This woman! How dare she? Here I am, about to give her something priceless and she thinks I would need her money! I clenched my fist but took a deep breath, “You can keep your money. I don’t need a single penny. I just need 5 damn minutes. It’s important.”

She rolled her eyes, but obliged. Thank god. I was starting to lose my patience. Not that I have lots in the first place.

As we settled down in a corner, she spat, “What is it?”

“Go back to Chase. Doctors said he will be able to walk soon”, I came straight to the point. It’s not like I wanted to have a conversation with her anyway.

As expected, she looked taken back. “H-How do you know him?”, she slightly yelled, glaring at me.

It angered me. So, even I raised my voice, “Well, since you left him like the bitch you are, he was heartbroken. Ray feared he would slip into depression so they asked me to mimic your voice and talk to him. That. is how I know him. Is that enough information or should I tell you how pathetic you are, too or are you intelligent enough to guess that?”

“Shut Up”, I could see she was trying her best to not yell too loud.
“What do you even know, ha?”

__________________________________________
Well, we know nothing much for now. But the next chapter will tell us all ;)