11. Even the name made me smile.

"Tujhse alag hoke bhi main
Tujhse alag ho na paaya
Dharti pe jitna gagan hai
Utna hi hai tera saaya"
- Jaane Ja Jaane Ja

(Even after being separated from you
I couldn't separate from you
Just how much of the earth is enclosed by the sky
Exactly that much is your influence)

_________________________________________

His POV

I still couldn't digest the fact that I had been speaking to some stranger for this long.

"Stranger"
Even the word tasted strange when I thought of her that way.

She was more than just a stranger. Much more. But now, I was confused, about my feelings for her. I thought I loved Tina, but the fact that she had left me, and moreover, is now back with me as if she really was the one who had supported me, makes my blood boil. I don't feel the least bit attracted to her.

Not that I would have accepted her back if she had told me everything, but at least, I would have forgiven her.
Heck! I had even sent back my mother, when she had come back after 10 years, asking us to come with her. Even though I knew Dad didn't have long to live, we chose to never let her help us. And this woman... I loved her so dearly. Did everything she wanted, and this is how she returned my favor? I'm kind of angry at myself, for even having loved her. Even when I had thought she left; I had blamed myself. Just how blind had I been?

In the midst of all these confusing thoughts and emotions, one thing... was clear. I wanted to, needed to meet... Diana. My Diana. Even the name made me smile. Ray was right. Our feelings are magical.

Anyway, I asked Ray to take me to her, to which he happily obliged. The whole ride, he kept apologizing and simultaneously telling me how Diana could mimic Tina's voice perfectly the very first time itself, how she can imitate so many voices and how she is an amazing cook, a bright person, who makes him want a sister. How they all didn't know when to tell me everything, and how she had hoped I wouldn't hate her afterwards, how she had suddenly called him and told him to keep his mouth shut and had somehow not only found but also convinced Tina to come back.

It didn't take an Einstein to figure out how much she cared for me. I was glad that the connection I felt towards her wasn't one sided. I didn't even realize I had been smiling so widely, the whole time I had been listening to Ray blabber about her, until my cheeks started to ache. And we arrived at her place, or rather her office building.

Hoping that she wouldn't look at me and say, "Oh, Hi. Well, I'm busy. I hope your happy with Tina. It was fun to talk to you. I'll get going, then."

My imagination was making me more nervous than I already was. I rubbed my sweaty palms on my jeans as I got down from the bus that we had taken. I bit my lip, scanning the place Ray was taking me to, as if I could even recognize her!

Ray dialed her number and cleared his throat. Dammit, even he was nervous. "Hey, Sis... I'm downstairs actually", his voice was hesitant, but his face glowed and I hoped that she was coming here.

"No... Just missed you", he laughed awkwardly. Not that it's not noticeable already, but he IS a pathetic liar.
"Take your time... Ya, no problem, D. I'll be right here... Cool."

"She's coming", he grinned to me. I couldn't resist the smile that formed on my face at my brother's excitement. Ray asked me sit on the farthest bench, so that she doesn't see me until she reaches him.

I think about 5 minutes had passed by but it was damn long. How can 5 fucking minutes be this long?

"Hi, Ray", my head turned so swiftly that I'm lucky I didn't get a whiplash . Then, I looked at her as a stupid grin grew on my face.

There she was. With dark brown locks cascading down her shoulder and curling at the ends, wrist full of colorful wooden bangles and a glowing face that made me want to run to her and turn her fully to face me, so I could admire her, but I just stood and stared, taking in every inch of her from her hair to her slippers. It was a scene I would love to paint.
Then, I slowing walked, rather limped towards her, with a comforting smile never leaving my face.

Her beautiful honey-colored eyes fell on me and her world stopped. With her lips in a thin line, she looked at me with slightly wide eyes, stunned. Then, she looked back at Ray, almost accusingly as he gulped and bit his lip, looking away. She fumed at him but suddenly turned restless, worried as her gaze fell to her feet. She didn't dare to look at me again. My chest tightened at the sight of her. I didn't know what I would have done either, just like I didn't know what I wanted to do now. I could totally understand her turmoil.

Ray walked away, giving us space, making me realize that dating Clara had surely made him smarter!

I took a few cautious steps towards her, closing the distance between us. Not knowing what the hell I was doing but my body seemed to know.

"Why are you here?", she asked firmly, looking straight into my eyes, as if to tell me that I'm not welcomed.

__________________________________________
Early update. Tada.

I love cliffhangers. Don't you? ;)