12. Madly. Truly. Completely.

Aise Toh Na Dekho
Ke humko nasha ho jaaye
Aise Toh Na Dekho
Khoobsurat si koi, humse khata ho jaaye
-Aise Toh Na Dekho

(Don’t you look at me that way
It makes me intoxicated
Don’t you look at me that way
That it would make me commit a beautiful mistake)

_________________________________________

I took a few cautious steps towards her, closing the distance between us. Not knowing what the hell I was doing, but my body seemed to know.

“Why are you here?”, she asked firmly, looking straight into my eyes, as if to tell me that I'm not welcomed.

Her voice… her real voice, though her tone was cold, was beautiful. I suppressed a smile.

“What are you doing?”, she asked, almost disgusted, when I took another close step towards her, tears pricking her eyes, but she made no attempt to move away herself.

Even though the way she looked at me wasn’t welcoming, I couldn’t really see any disgust or hate. She was only pleading me, to stay away, to not test the last bits of sanity left in her. What she didn’t know was that I felt the same way. I didn’t have to even speak a word, nor had she told me anything about her feelings but it was clear to me that I wanted her, just like she wanted me. Madly. Truly. Completely.

I smiled widely, surprising her. I could see her trying hard not to smile back, her eyes filling with mirth and adoration, only making my smile even wider, if that was even possible. I loved her. That realization made me so happy that tears started to form in my eyes, as I kept looking at her. I averted my eyes, chuckling as my tears went away. I thanked god that I hadn’t cried in front of her, on our first damn meeting. I looked up at her confused expression, opened my arms and pulled her flush into my arms.

It didn’t feel unfamiliar or awkward, like I had imagined it. It felt warm, made me feel complete, satisfied. I tightened my hold on her stiffened shoulders, as she gradually gave in, and hugged me back. A small chuckle left my mouth but I stopped it by biting my lip, not wanting to disturb the moment. She snuggled closer and rested her cheek on my chest, which made me conscious of my loud heart beat that she could clearly hear now.

As I started to tighten my hold even more, not even caring much whether it was hurting her, I realized that what I had felt for Tina was nowhere near what I feel for this angel in my arms.
If I had thought that was love, what the heck, Is. This?! I felt like a fucking parasite, clinging onto her for life, but I didn’t care. And I knew I wouldn’t care in the future either. She was worth all my love, my craziness, my care and my forever.

My lips ached to kiss her. Knowing I was running at the speed of a rocket, I held myself with just a peck on top of her head. A soft, light, long peck. I could sense her smiling at that, but she soon pulled away, to my disappointment. I guess the peck brought her back to reality. Me and my Shitty greed.

She looked at me, wanting to ask What, Why, how… but not knowing what to say. I gave her a warm smile and pulled her to the empty bench beside us.

From the corner of my eye, I saw Ray returning. Cursing under my breath, I gave him a stern look, which he thankfully caught and quickly turned away and walked off. I smiled triumphantly.

Sighing, I turned in my seat to face my angel and took her hands gently in mine.

“Will you date me?”

Her eyes widened. “…I-Uhm…that-t”, she stuttered, finding no words.
I gave her hand a reassuring squeeze.

“Don’t overthink this. I know your feelings are all over the place. Mine were too. But were. I'm clear now. I want, you. I need you. Give us a chance?”, I tilted my head, pleading her with my eyes, leaving out the part that I already am completely in love with her. She wouldn’t believe me. I myself couldn’t believe that I had my hurricane full of feelings sorted. But I knew. Very well. Very, very well. That I love her.

She took a deep breath and smiled. She looked at me, looked at her hands in mine and chuckled.

OH GOD!
Her chuckle was the most beautiful sound ever. Even more beautiful than when heard from near her. I completely melted. I'm a goner. I just know. I tried so hard not to grin, but I failed miserably. Dammit. I look like a loser, but then again, she knows me. Every side of me. Even the most vulnerable, weak sides of me. There’s nothing to hide. Nothing to worry, except… her answer.

I waited as she looked up at me and nodded, “I will date you.”

YES!!!!
______________________________
Epilogue on the way…