[ thirteen ]

WASHINGTON D

WASHINGTON D.C.
america

____________________________

CORTEZ

AS SOON as the words left my mouth he leaned forward to close the distance between us. I was surprised and my body stilled for a moment, but only because I didn't think he would ever have the balls to do it himself.

His lips were rough against mine and he was moving too fast. It was as if he didn't know what he was doing and was trying to overcompensate for it. I almost wanted to laugh at how completely innocent it was; but I swallowed the laughs and kissed him back.

Steve's nose kept bumping against mine, tugging on the hoop that was pierced on my nose. I shifted my head to fix the issue he obviously paid no attention to, and then pushed him further back to the wall.

I set one hand on his cheek and slowly pulled my lips from his; and I couldn't help but smile when he leaned forward to try and kiss me again. "Wait, wait. Do you really think this is a good idea?"

"Mhm," He mumbled before trying to kiss me again.

But I leaned back and pushed him away. "You know I don't do relationships. They're messy. And complicated."

"I do relationships."

"Have you ever had one?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

Steve hesitated for a second as he moved his hands to my hips. "Not really." He bit the corner of his lip and my eyes concentrated on his lips again.

"Steve." I said and set my hands on his broad shoulders. "I don't want this to end badly. I like having you as a friend."

I saw that he realized this and understood, because the grip on my hips loosened and he nodded slowly. "What if we keep it friendly?"

A laugh fell from my chest and I shook my head slightly. "I don't think you'd be able to keep it friendly with me. You like me too much."

"I do not."

I cocked and eyebrow and moved my hand, trailing it down his chest. His breathing staggered and when I got to the rim of the dark jeans he was wearing, just barely running my nail along his skin, he sucked in a breath. "You do not?"

"Stacy..."

His voice almost made my knees go weak and I had to blink a few times to control my actions. "I'm not your girlfriend." I told him, hooking my fingers into the band of jeans and snapping it against his skin.