Vaggie x Reader

Vaggie's P.O.V

"Come on Vaggie, I want to see the dress on you!"

I awkwardly walk out of the bathroom, looking down at my feet. Charlie gasps. "You look gorgeous!", she squeals.

I'm wearing a simple black wrap dress with a necklace made of faux pink pearls and bracelets to match. The pink bow on my head is replaced with a large black one.

"Do you think they will like it? I mean, I don't want to look too tacky. This is out first date, after all. I need to leave a good impression."

"Relax, V, I'm sure they will love it", she says as she leans forward to rub a glittery silver powder on my eyelid. "Trust me, they're very lucky to have someone like you. And I'm your best friend, I should know." I smile at the reassurance. "Thanks, Charlie." She simply nods and says nothing.

~

I'm standing out on the street where (Y.N) said they would meet me. Just thinking about them makes my heart race. Calm down, I think to myself. Charlie's right. You always try to impress (Y.N) and come off as a try-hard. I'm sure they'll like you just as you are.

My knuckles go white from holding on to my clutch purse so tightly. They should be here any moment now.

~

After a few more minutes of waiting, a car pulls up near the curb in front of me. I peak in. (Y.N) waves for me to get inside. I open the passenger's seat and sit down, and the car speeds off.

"Hey, V. Sorry for being late. Traffic." I know they're lying about the traffic because of the blood on the windshield. They probably ran someone over and had to clean up the mess. I noticed they hit people a lot with their car. I utter a quick word of prayer under my breath.

"Oh, don't worry about it", I say casually. My eyes wander over them. They're wearing a white, long-sleeved button-up shirt and navy blue dress pants that look stunning on them. How do they look so good in everything they wear?

"How are you feeling?", they ask. I shrug nervously. "I'm fine, I guess. A bit nervous." They raise an eyebrow. "Nervous, huh? What, you think I'll get us killed? Trust me, I'm a really good driver. I've been doing this for years!"

I chuckle. "No, it's not that. It's just that... well, I don't usually go on dates, so... I don't really know what I'm supposed to do."

"Oh, don't worry, I'll handle everything! I actually went on several dates before, but none of them ended well. Apparently, they never liked my driving. And I honestly have no idea what they're talking about, because, like I said, my driving's completely fine."

I smirk. "Whatever you say, Hon."

~

The drive goes mostly well, and soon enough, we arrive at the restaurant. After taking twenty minutes to find a parking spot, (Y.N) climbs out of the car and open the door for me. "Oh, thanks." As I step out, a catch a glimpse of their black ankle boots.

"Hey, nice shoes!"

"Thank you! I like yours too." I look the other way to hide my blushing face. (Y.N) closes the door and links arms with me. "Have you ever eaten here before?", they ask. I don't hear them. My head is buzzing with thoughts.

Okay, deep breaths. Don't do anything stupid. Geez, these shoes are uncomfortable! I think they're a size too small. Great, now I'll get blisters on my heels. I hope (Y.N) doesn't notice me limping a little. What did Charlie say again? About being casual and charming? What am I supposed to say? Should I ask about their personal life, or is that too invasive? Their family? No, they said they hadn't seen their family since they landed in Hell. Maybe I'll tell them about my personal life. But that'll make me sound self-absorbed! Or are they okay with that? I don't know if they are-

"Vaggie?"

"Yeah! I mean, no, I didn't eat here before. It's my first time." Well shit, this is embarrassing. Luckily, (Y.N) doesn't seem to notice. "That's fine! This place is actually really good. I heard that if someone dies there, they serve everyone else their meals for free. What do you say we go commit a bit of homicide, eh?" They jokingly nudge my side.

I smile a little. "That sounds lovely, Dear."

They beam. I hope they're joking. Please, Lord, let them be joking.

~

"Can I open my eye now?" I ask. 

"No, not now. Just wait for a little longer."

After our (free) dinner, (Y.N) said they wanted to show me something special, and told me not to look. I've been blindly following them for the past few minutes, and I'm almost starting to get nervous when we stop.

"Alright, you can look now!"

I open my eye and gasp. We're on top of a tall building I'm not familiar with, but which has a clear, beautiful view of the city below. I can see all the houses and streets and bright neon signs from here. "Oh, (Y.N), it's marvelous!"

They're already sitting on the edge, looking down. "Right?! Why don't you come join me here?" They pat the empty space next to them. I quickly make my way down there, still mesmerized by the view. The only sounds that can be heard from up here are the screams of tortured souls and the faint sound of music playing, likely from a nearby club. (Y.N) puts an arm around my shoulder.

"I like to come here often when I'm alone. This place is very significant to me."

Aw, how cute!

"Mainly because I like to take people I hate here, then push them off the edge and dip."

...Oh.

"That's... nice, I guess", I say. They grin. "Yup. You should try it too! It's really therapeutic."

We sit in silence for a long while, enjoying the scenery.

"(Y.N)?"

"Yeah?"

"I... wanted to thank you. For everything. Today was really fun."

They don't look at me right away as they run their hand through their white hair. "No, thank you, Vaggie. This is the longest date I've ever been on with someone. I don't think anyone I've been with actually likes me very much. Or maybe it's just the driving. That's what they usually say, after all." They chuckle darkly, before going silent.

That's... depressing. I need to say something!

"(Y.N), listen. You shouldn't care what those people think. I mean, look! You've got me! And it may not be much, but I think you're perfect just the way you are." Nope, that was way too cheesy. They glance at me with their red eyes, the corners of their mouth curling into a smile. "That's... thanks, V. That's nice to hear, coming from you."

Oh! I actually made them feel better! Nice!

"And for the record, I think your driving is great!", I add, poking them playfully in the chest. They snort. "Finally, someone appreciates my impeccable driving skills!" I giggle quietly to myself.

Wow, I wasn't expecting our evening together to end so perfectly. You see, there was no reason to worry! Charlie will be thrilled when she hears about this.  

I rest my head on their shoulder as the screaming continues below us.

This is so romantic!