Lilith x Reader

Third Person's P.O.V

Working for Lilith wasn't nearly as easy as (Y.N) thought it would be. Of course, being the assistant of the queen of Hell sounded thrilling when they first signed up for the job. But it slowly turned into more of a tedious chore they did just to get paid. It dawned upon them that "assistant" was just a fancy way of saying "slave with a salary".

It started off easy. Copying papers, arranging events, running a few errands, the standard fare. But then...

"(Y.N), can you fetch me my fur coat? I left it over at Vox's house."

"(Y.N), I'm parched. Can you make me a sangria?"

"(Y.N), do you mind sending this paper to that asshole porn director we'd met last week? It's about a business deal. Very important."

"My lady, don't you think it would be more convenient to send it to him over e-mail?"

"Oh, (Y.N), he doesn't use e-mail."

Of course, they never said no. This was the queen of Hell, after all, and (Y.N) had to admit they were a little intimidated by her. So they did everything for her. Watering the plants, buying the groceries, and taking her dog Cerberus out for his morning walks. It wasn't unusual for them to receive calls early in the morning or right before they went to bed from Lilith, asking for some type of task to be completed. 

At least it paid well.

But (Y.N) was starting to wonder if the money was worth it after they got called in past ten for some sort of favor. They drove all the way to the Magne mansion, running over a cat and what appeared to be a very young child, though it could have just been a very crunchy traffic cone. Then again, traffic cones don't start crying when you hit them. 

That was definitely a very young child.

When they reach the house, they are welcomed in by one of the maids.

"Ah, (Y.N). Mrs. Magne must have called you. She's just upstairs. Come in, come in."

"Thank you", they say as they slip off their sneakers and run up to reach her room quickly. They had spent too long getting here, having had to stop to apologize to the lady whose cat they had murdered. They didn't apologize for the kid, though, because fuck kids.

When they got to the top of the winding stairs, they were panting and out of breath, stumbling to the large doors that lead to Lilith's bedroom. They knock, wiping sweat off their brow and composing themselves briskly to be welcomed by their demanding boss.

However, their composure slips the moment Lilith opens the door.

She's dressed in nothing but a short lace gown, her hair tied in a loose braid on one shoulder and her eyelids coated in shimmering dark purple powder, a similar color to the gloss on her lips.

"Ah, (Y.N). I was worried you weren't going to show up. Do come in."

She steps aside to allow them to enter, but they're too shocked to even move at first, their mouth wide open and their eyes the size of saucers, staring at Lilith's body in the semi-transparent fabric. When they finally come back down to earth, they quickly step in, apologizing profusely.

"Oh dear, I'm sorry. That was improper of me. What was it you wanted, my lady?"

Lilith closes the door and turns to (Y.N), placing a hand on each of their shoulders. "Don't stress it, Dear. Why don't you take a seat beside me in bed?"

She sits elegantly on the mattress, folding her legs beneath her. (Y.N) awkwardly perches themself on the edge of the bed, unsure of what is going on.