CHAPTER FIVE

Where the heck have you been?"

"We've all been trying to contact you" Stephenie asked immediately she opened the door for Wendy to come in.

Stephanie and her other colleagues had been trying to contact Wendy who had not been seen for the past one week.  They had been afraid that something bad had happened to her. Mr. Jones had wanted to tell Wendy of the decision to invite Steph to reside with Wendy in the house. He felt it would be more effective.

Wendy had been surprised to hear a loud music coming from the apartment that was given to her. Although, she was not comfortable with the house, she had decided that it was worth it. This sort of investigation would require privacy, time and a clear head. She had made up her mind to start the process right away. At first, she was confused if she had gotten the right house,but she was certain it was the right. Although, Wendy was with the key she considered it rude to open the door since someone was in but instead, decides to knock. It took about fifteen minutes before Stephenie heard the knock and opened the door.

"Wow, Stephanie. It's you" Wendy said as she entered the house.

"So what happened" Stephanie asked again.

"Not now please" Wendy pleaded.

"It's been a long journey so I've got to rest first" she replied carrying the luggages to her room.

Wendy was stunned when she entered the room, her room which she chose over the other rooms. It was decorated with crime pictures of all sort. Indeed, Stephanie had made this home: what she had actually refused to see. She knew Jones was behind all these. She was going to ring him soon.

" I'm sorry I did all these. It was just to remind me of the purpose I am here" Stephanie said coming after Wendy.

Of course, she needs a reminder of the right thing to do,typical Steph!

" I need an empty room Step" Wendy said instead. She couldn't believe she was politely asking for an empty room in her house.

Soon, Wendy entered the room she had earlier forsaken for the other one. She was as mad as hell but she knew it wasn't Steph's fault.  Stephenie was one of the investigator who was hired alongside Wendy for the investigation. She wondered why Jones didn't tell her she would be sharing the apartment with Steph. She thought he earlier said this was an incentive. Wendy was clearly upset.

This wouldn't be the first time Steph and Wendy would work together but it sure would be the first time they would live together. Wendy felt Stephenie would be more effective at work if she would hunt down the criminals just as she hunts men. Wendy felt she needed
ignore her current emotion and focus on making this forsaken room her new fortress.

*      *        *         *        *
Looking round the room. Wendy could not deny the fact that Step indeed had done a great job. The room were filled with pictures and this seemed the crimes were brought to life here.  Wendy walked towards a picture she thought she had not seen. The picture showed a man lying dead on the seat with his blood flowing from his chest.

" That indeed is the recent one "

Stephanie's voice interred her thought.

Wendy didn't notice Stephen entering the room. She decided not to look behind but still concentrated on the picture while Step briefed her

"What!" Wendy exclaimed as the victim's face becomes clearer. It was Mr. Ronald for sure. She had called him the previous day, asking for a date where they could discuss. He was one of the very private investigators who was not known as Wendy or her other colleagues were. He did secret jobs and Wendy believes he should have some vital information's which well utilised could unravel the devil.

"Is anything wrong' Stephen noticing Wendy's state of mind, asked.

" Nothing really " came the reply.

"I'll just have to see Jones and go to the crime scene for myself" she continued.

"I'm sorry for butting into this apartment and maybe invading your privacy. Mr Jones said I could stay since you may not be interest in it". Step said thinking it may be what had  upset Wendy.

" It's alright Step"

" I was just startled seeing you without prior notice from neither Jones nor you" Wendy said.

"I'm happy you've finally accepted calling him Jones" Step said smilingly sheepishly.

Omg, why is she smiling 🙄
.
"Yeah, right" came the reply instead.

"I'll be right back" she continued

Stephenie looked on while Wendy took a black jacket and fled.