CHAPTER TWELVE

"Why the hell did you put me through this for" Stephanie asked as she takes a deep breath.

Wendy had called Stephenie to come help her escape from Michael's  house. She had no other choice since she was locked inside and the only way to come out undetected was to open the door already locked by Michael. And so, describing the area where which Michael hid the key, through a phone conversation with Stephenie, she was rescued.

"I'm so sorry"

"I should have told you what I was up to. Thanks for the help anyway" she replied.

"Is that all?"
"So, tell me when did you start sneaking into people's house" Wendy said placing her hands at akimbo.

"Oh, is it called sneaking?
"I've watched Mr Michael for some weeks now and he is my prime suspect. All evidence I have proved to the fact that he murdered his wife and son, and hence, he's the devil we've all been searching for".

"See this" she said revealing some pictures from her phone.
"The pictures presented as the crime scene isn't. The victims were dragged to the bedroom and positioned there in order to avert the truth"

"Can it be thus concluded that he's responsible for other atrocities".

"Take a chill pill and listen first" Wendy said

"From the action brewing in my head, and analysing this through the mind of a killer, the couple may have been drinking before an argument ensued  and unintentionally, Michael  used a bottle on his  late wife's head.

"And the little boy" Stephenie questioned.

"I guess be couldn't the situation, so he poisoned so he poisoned himself".

"Now you're done with Michael's case, start you confession" Stephenie said as they stared intently at each other.

Michael knew something was wrong as he entered the apartment. First off, the welcome carpet inside the home was wrongly placed. Though, the person that entered the home tried to make things the exact way. The most obvious was the soft scent that filled the parlour. Michael was astonished how a criminal would sneak into someone's home leaving such an obvious trail. The scent smells similar and then it struck, it was Wendy.
He knew the game Wendy was trying to play. Instead of falling to her tricks like how Victor was used by she and Charles, he would make sure they all get down. He knew her secrets. He knew she didn't unravel the crime neither did Charles. The duo did that just to cover a tract. Wendy was intersex! He was going to confess his crime, and surely wouldn't be no lamb for devil.

*.    *.     *.    *
Wendy attacked Stephenie and tried strangling her. Some police officers who were hiding in the background quickly went to the scene and tries rescuing her.

"You do not need all these stunts  already. In line with the profile I sent to the press, your mum suspected you and reported to us, Charles confirm it"
"I don't know why I never suspected you. The regular excerises, overzealousness at work and the bandages and first aid box in your room were all a trail.
I never expected this from you Wendy, never!" Stephanie exclaimed.

"Those betrayals" she said clenching her fist as she thought of the duo. She wished Charles, nevermind, her mum was here she would make sure they have a wonderful taste of her anger. She suspected they could have kept them in a protective zone

"So what did you expect"
"You expect o see a grown intersex like me crying over her plight daily. You lie Step, you all lie" She said using her head to point at all since her hands were cuffed.

"Listen, what I am today is what the world turned me to be. I blame my mother especially for giving birth to such a segregated shit like me. I was born a hamaphrodite" she said as some officers expresses shock.

"Yes, I usually wanted to be identified as a guy but everyone laughs at me. I always got lost in seeing this little girls in skimpy skirts. So I had to go get what I want".

" I thought being an officer would protect me for my crime.And yes, it did at least, to some extent. I raped to assert my sex, I exercised to assert who I am. But you guys were so dumb. I knew I had to be married to get that job, and be viewed as a female So with my mum at my side I did an agreement marriage with Dave who turned out to be a damn idiot. I eventually kept him six feet under".

"For Charles, he caught me at the earlier stage and was shocked to the marrow. But I knew him, I played on his emotions and promised him not to divulge the secret while adding some subtle threats".

"But how did you unravel this. I thought you were so dumb".

"You sent those pictures to me Wendy,and that was your greatest mistake. You tried killing Ms Mavins and she went into hiding. She later called and tell me all she knew".

"She knew it had been you at the restaurant and played you. She knew she had to delay you and that was why she had to lie of being an artist,knowing you would want to get a hold of any evidence involving you.

"Arggg" Wendy said as she cornered her hands from the cuff, taking a gun from her back pocket. Sliding round the floor, she shoot sporadically

"Down, down everyone" Stephenie shouted admist screams.