Chapter 15

"You WHAT!?" My dad shouted as I flailed my arms in exasperation.

"YES!"

"RILEY! YOU DIDN'T!?"

"MOM, I DID!" I yelled as I covered my face. Mystery man stood up and began pacing back and forth. My eyes followed him in question when he suddenly turned to me.

"You have no idea what you just did" He said, voice quivering while shaking his head.

I didn't recognize him at all, though I did feel some type of power radiating from him. He stood tall, six, hell, maybe seven feet, jet black hair that was tied to the back of his head, enabling me to see just how long it really was, sharp deep brown eyes that made you look away from the intensity of them, not to mention his physical build; bulky and threatening.

"Um...I'm sorry, who are you again?" I asked. Everyone noticeably stiffened and I got the feeling that I wasn't supposed to say that. What, did everybody know but me?

"Riley" My mom whispered before clearing her throat "Sweetie, this is Council Member Kai, he came all the way from the pod to see how Santana was adjusting back on land"

Oh

Ohhhhhh

OH! Shit.....

I fucked up, I fucked up bad.

"Sooo, um why are they here?" I said, hoping that by changing the subject they or, more like I would forget how I should have been an abortion.

"Well we woke up and you weren't here so, we gathered a search party" Santana answered. A...search party? Why didn't they just call me? I looked at my phone and seen that they actually DID call, thirty-two times. Haha, damn.

"Seeing as someone is always going missing, we should have called the S.W.A.T" Nicky muttered. Aiden plucked him in the ear and rolled his eyes.

"We were just worried about you Riles" He said before glancing around. He looked at Elijah, who was busy picking at his nails. Aiden snapped in his direction.

"Dude!"

"Huh, OH, yeah, and I brought my parents because they have something to say, specifically my dad" He shot them a glare. I shook my head before they even had a chance to speak.

"I don't want it" I stated blankly, making them sputter. Elijah got up to reach out to me but as soon as he took a step forward, I took one back.

"No, I don't want an apology if it's forced, I want a genuine one" I glanced at them "One that will assure me that it won't happen again"

"Over my dead body" Tyler muttered while rolling his eyes.

That can be arranged.

I bit back my threat and turned my attention to the Council Member who looked like he was having a brain aneurysm by the mantel. I was almost too afraid to speak directly to him; who knows how he'll react.

"Can we have a moment please?" He gritted out. We looked around confused until he clarified.

"I would like to speak with Riley alone"

"Fuck no!" Elijah spat, whirling around to face him.

"Eli-" I began but he cut me off with a growl.

"No, we're a family" He said looking around. He sent his Dad a glare, though he wasn't even looking "We all are, whatever you have to say to him, you can say to us"

"Very well, if that's what you Cur's want" Kai said, looking down at them before turning his dead eyes on me.

"For a twin, you and your sister are nothing alike. She's smart and diligent; You are clumsy and reckless. Making your parent's constantly move because you just can't seem to stop exposing us"